chess

  • Jenn/Yana
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 29 7:03 PM
      I see your your page reference and raise you one scanned picture! Guess
      what new toy we got yesterday!....okay, I'm just showing off, but it will
      come in handy.

      To see chess pieces from Novgorod, go to our shared files at:
      http://www.onelist.com/shareddir/sig/

      The picture is from "The Archaeology of Novgorod, Russia" from the Society
      for Medieval Archaeology Monograph Series: No 13. (1992). The text is a
      little hard to read in the scan, but you should be able to make it out..
      Later I'll put it up on a web page, but I was just playing around tonight.
      :)

      Ilyana Barsova (Yana) jdmiller2@...
      http://www.sit.wisc.edu/~jdmiller2
      Slavic Interest Group http://www.uwplatt.edu/~goldschp/slavic.html