I recant my statement

  • timbo@xxxxxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 29, 1999
      I would actually like to retract the statement below
      from the record for 2 reasons. First, it could be seen as
      inflamitory. Second, I run Pegusas as my e-mail progarm and the
      system is set up to be easier to read the last message first.
      Therefore, I wrote this before I read the first message that really
      aggravated the situation, UNABBREVIATED & IN ITS ENTIRETY. Therefore,
      I recant the staement below and apologize to Ilyana Barsova and David
      Andersson for "jumping the gun". I hope this suffices.
      'dak

      Semantics aside Mr. Andersson, Jenne has made several valid
      historical points and has challenged you to a quite reasonable debate
      about your interpretation, statement and expertise as a historian.
      Especially because you yourself thoughtfully opened the subject for
      commentary.
      Besides, between the two of us, a reasonable question is the meat of
      historical debate, as is a reasoned and well cited response. I see no
      evidence of ANYONE wearing tap dancing shoes. You are obviously a
      very intelligent man with an education. Will you respond to this
      almost benial query? I really miss high octane historical debate. I
      bet that you do as well.
      I believe the ball is in your court, if you want to respond as any
      other historian would. Thank you for this stimulating debate!
      Respectfully Yours,
      Tim Nalley aka Mordak Timofei'evich Rostovskogo,
      Midrealm

      From: "David Andersson" <d.andersson@...>
      To: <sig@onelist.com>
      Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1999 15:40:04 +0200
      Subject: Re: [sig] chill out

      From: "David Andersson" <d.andersson@...>

      Jenne,

      I find it very interesting that you will apologize to others offended about
      your remarks to me, but not to me about your remarks to me. This says
      volumes about your character. Your tap-dancing aside, as I have said in
      private e-mails, please refrain from posting me.

      Sincerely,

      David Andersson
      .