Re: [sig] Russian folktale question

  • LiudmilaV@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 9, 2000
      In a message dated 3/9/2000 9:48:48 AM Pacific Standard Time,
      jdmiller2@... writes:

      << Hmm, I wonder why that particular tale would stick in Liudmila's memory?
      Thanks for the info, I am passing it on to the querant.

      --Yana

      Well Yana -- it's the other way around from what you'd think, I chose the
      name because of that poem. As Masha correctly noted, I love it! Pushkin
      picked the name off another poem by Zhukovsky (if I am not mistakes...it was
      someone else's work in any case), it was not a popular name in Russia at the
      time. It is now. My understanding now is that it actually is a Bohemian
      name, Chek or Slovac (someone cxorrect my geography please). Well, I am not
      changing it now...

      Liudmila