Re: [sig] Russian folktale question

  • Jenn/Yana
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 9 9:45 AM
      Hmm, I wonder why that particular tale would stick in Liudmila's memory?
      Thanks for the info, I am passing it on to the querant.

      --Yana

    • MHoll@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 9 3:53 PM
        In a message dated 3/9/2000 11:48:52 AM Central Standard Time,
        jdmiller2@... writes:

        > Hmm, I wonder why that particular tale would stick in Liudmila's memory?

        For the same reason I almost know it by heart -- we love it!

        Predslava.
      • LiudmilaV@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 9 7:53 PM
          In a message dated 3/9/2000 9:48:48 AM Pacific Standard Time,
          jdmiller2@... writes:

          << Hmm, I wonder why that particular tale would stick in Liudmila's memory?
          Thanks for the info, I am passing it on to the querant.

          --Yana

          Well Yana -- it's the other way around from what you'd think, I chose the
          name because of that poem. As Masha correctly noted, I love it! Pushkin
          picked the name off another poem by Zhukovsky (if I am not mistakes...it was
          someone else's work in any case), it was not a popular name in Russia at the
          time. It is now. My understanding now is that it actually is a Bohemian
          name, Chek or Slovac (someone cxorrect my geography please). Well, I am not
          changing it now...

          Liudmila