Re: [sig] Testing 1, 2, 3

  • Britta Parsons
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 5 1:16 PM
      I also think it is surprisingly quiet. Anyway, I have a question for all
      you costume constructionists out there. I am working on making a new
      achabeny. My last one had the sleeves slit down the top from shoulder to
      mid forearm. Now, I wanted to try a different type of sleeve, the type
      that is open from shoulder to the bottom of the armseye. I would also
      like these sleeves to be funtional; I'd like to get my arm down them
      without needing to take off the coat. A friend of mine has an over-tunic
      that does this, but what he did is simply not sew the side seam all the
      way to the armseye. Kind of like how you'd leave room to put in a
      gusset, but without the gusset. I haven't seen any documentation to
      support this concept in Russian clothing; or anywhere else for that
      matter. I was rather fried last night when I looked at it and didn't ask
      him about it. Any ideas? Sorry about any confusion in my description.

      In Service
      Vasilisa Myshkina
      Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
      http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.
    • Jenn/Yana
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 5 5:29 PM
        A few people were wondering why the list was so quiet:

        It is the weekend. People are at SCA events. As the weather gets warmer
        in the Northern Hemisphere, more people will be going to events and the
        list will probably stay relatively quiet from Friday evening until Sunday
        evening. People will get chatty again during the week. Nothing to worry
        about (and if you ever do get worried, you can write directly to me, the
        omnipotent list manager).

        --Yana :)
      • Jeff Smith
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 6 2:13 AM
          Shhhhhhhhh!!!! We're sleeping!

          >From: "Katheryne of Krings Keep"
          >
          >Is this list suddenly quiet?
          >
          >Or am I not recieving messages again!!
          >
          >Katheryne
        • sheila widmaier
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 6 2:04 PM
            >As the weather gets warmer in the Northern
            Hemisphere, >more people will be going to events and
            the
            >list will probably stay relatively quiet from Friday
            >evening until Sunday

            warmer weather...... :)
            i like the warm weather, which would be why I like
            living in AZ, but it started raining sunday afternoon
            during the Queen's Rapier Champion tourney and hasn't
            stopped!
            on a good note, Crown Tourney was saturday and
            Atenveldt now has an Elizabethan Crown Prince, and
            Middle-Eastern Crown Princess :)

            Turrel
            http://im.yahoo.com