SIG-L FAQ

  • Alastair Millar
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 2, 2000
      Nazdar!

      May I suggest that the "list of cultures" in the FAQ replace 'Czech
      Republic' with 'Bohemia' and 'Moravia'? This is more in keeping with the
      period, and is consistent with other entries such as 'Dalmatia',
      'Transylvania' etc. (After all, Yugoslavia isn't listed either, and is older
      than the Czech Rep.)

      Yours aye

      Alastair in Prague
    • Jenn/Yana
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 2, 2000
        How's about we put it in parenthesees after "Czech Republic"? We had many
        argu...er, discussions about what to call the various Knowledge Pages and
        in the end decided to stick with modern names so that people new to
        medieval research could find things more easily (at least that was one
        reason), with the theory that they may not know what the countries were
        named once-upon-a-time. I agree that the names "Bohemia" and "Moravia"
        should definitely be in there somewhere.

        --Yana