Budapest Bound

  • Jeff Smith
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 2, 2000
      I'm going to Budapest!!!

      After 19 years of being Janos, I will, for the first time, set foot in my
      "homeland" tomorrow. I'll spend 6 days seeing the sites in Buda, Obuda, and
      Pest (Budapest itself is not period...those are the former cities that
      joined together to make it) as well as Taszar Air Base, in my "tribal
      homeland" near Kaposvar, Hungary.

      I'm pretty excited, as you can imagine. (There is a bit of a downside --
      all day on a bus to get to Kaposvar; however, the silver lining is that I'll
      get to see Croatia and Southern Hungary out the window, and it's a German
      tour bus.)

      I'll be back Tuesday night!

      Janos
    • Kuzniar, Wendy
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 2, 2000
        Make time to do the tour of the maze beneath the castle - incredibly
        awesome, as is the art museum. Stay with the tour though, or you might not
        be back on Tuesday!

        Nezkha (got to visit quite awhile back)

        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 2, 2000
          Have fun!

          I highly recommend sitting on Fisherman's Bastion to watch the sunrise. . .

          Noemi
        • Parsla Liepa
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 3, 2000
            >I highly recommend sitting on Fisherman's Bastion to watch the sunrise. . .

            Oh, I couldn't agree more! I was there in August, over Independence
            Weekend. There was a folk festival, with venders and dancers and singers
            and parades and ......

            The Bastion was the best spot to watch the dancing from. Even though we had
            to pay.

            Parsla
          • Castalia
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 8, 2000