Re: Question...

  • Kies, Lisa
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2000
      -----Original Message-----
      From: Jenn/Yana <jdmiller2@...>

      The only tents that I have ever seen depicted in Russian art ... looked more
      "Western" ...
      Sorry, I don't have cites, just going off memory here and hoping it'll
      poke someone else to look it up.
      ----------------------

      Just look at the scans of the miniatures on the SIG website... There are
      several depictions of tents scattered in the story of Alexander Nevsky.

      In service,
      Sofya la Rus
    • Jenn/Yana
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 1, 2000
        >Just look at the scans of the miniatures on the SIG website... There are
        >several depictions of tents scattered in the story of Alexander Nevsky.

        Doh! I knew I had seen them recently! Got the book right next to the
        computer desk too. I'm really pathetic.

        --Yana