Re: Re: Pussy Willows & Palms

  • Jenne Heise
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2000
      > > Whereas in Poland they used pussy-willows for the Palm Sunday palms.
      > > (Question: anybody know if the distribution of 'palms' in church on Palm
      > > Sunday is period?)
      > Ehhh, probably not, unless UPS was doing next day delivery from the
      > Mediterranean region.
      > Notice how, in the spring the pussy willow is the first plant to bud or
      > "bloom"--that's why it was substituted for palms!

      Yes, exactly... but that wasn't what I was asking. I was trying to figure
      out if the distribution of pussy willows or other palm-substitutes as
      'palms' on Palm Sunday was period.

      disclaimer: i speak for no-one and no-one speaks for me...

      "You do not lead by hitting people over the head -- that's assault,
      not leadership." Dwight D. Eisenhower