Re: Re: Pussy Willows & Palms

  • Jenne Heise
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2000
      > > Whereas in Poland they used pussy-willows for the Palm Sunday palms.
      > > (Question: anybody know if the distribution of 'palms' in church on Palm
      > > Sunday is period?)
      > Ehhh, probably not, unless UPS was doing next day delivery from the
      > Mediterranean region.
      > Notice how, in the spring the pussy willow is the first plant to bud or
      > "bloom"--that's why it was substituted for palms!

      Yes, exactly... but that wasn't what I was asking. I was trying to figure
      out if the distribution of pussy willows or other palm-substitutes as
      'palms' on Palm Sunday was period.

      disclaimer: i speak for no-one and no-one speaks for me...

      "You do not lead by hitting people over the head -- that's assault,
      not leadership." Dwight D. Eisenhower
    • Bob Markovitch
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 1, 2000
        > Whereas in Poland they used pussy-willows for the Palm Sunday palms.
        > (Question: anybody know if the distribution of 'palms' in church on Palm
        > Sunday is period?)

        Ehhh, probably not, unless UPS was doing next day delivery from the
        Mediterranean region.
        Notice how, in the spring the pussy willow is the first plant to bud or
        "bloom"--that's why it was substituted for palms!

        Svyatoslav Izbornyk