Polish food

  • Jenn/Yana
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 27 2:26 PM
      Snipped this from the Cook's List. The author is not a native English
      speaker/writer, so look past the spelling errors. Does anyone here know of
      this book? Sounds up our alley, even if it is OOP.

      Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 23:41:02 +0200
      From: "ana l. valdes" <agora@...>
      Subject: SC - Polish food from 1682

      Is somebody who knows something about Compendium Ferculorum, written by
      Stanislaw Czerniecki, published in Cracow 1682?
      According to my Swedish sources (Sweden and Polen was the same kingdom
      during several years), this book is divided between one chapter with
      meatdishes, one with fishdishes and the last one med cakes, pies and
      bread.
      My Swedish presentation make a rough translation of some recipe, but I
      want to know if someone knows about a German, a English or a French
      translation? Since I don4t read Polish, its difficult to understand what
      kind of food they ate at that time in Cracow, one of Europes most
      sophisticated cities.
      Yours
      Ana

      Ilyana Barsova (Yana) jdmiller2@...