Re: Various!!!

  • Jenne Heise
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 31, 2000
      > In Latvian tradition, Palm Sunday is called 'pupol svetdiena', literally
      > Pussy-willow Sunday. The father of the house collects pussy-willows, soaks
      > them, and hits his children to get them out of bed.

      Whereas in Poland they used pussy-willows for the Palm Sunday palms.
      (Question: anybody know if the distribution of 'palms' in church on Palm
      Sunday is period?)

      disclaimer: i speak for no-one and no-one speaks for me...

      "You do not lead by hitting people over the head -- that's assault,
      not leadership." Dwight D. Eisenhower