Hungarian garb

  • Jeff Heilveil
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 29, 2000
      Salut!
      It has been a while since I have had a moment to keep up with the list,
      however I found something that was quite nice. I don't think I had posted
      about this before, but...

      In a book of Hungarian Illuminations, we found a mid-late period scholars
      robe that looked fun. Well, it turns out that it is a VERY comfortable
      garment. Essentially it is an undertunic (you can tell from the picture)
      and a robe with a split at the elbow to allow the arms exit, as the
      sleeves are sewn shut (like they are on the traditional Tzur). It is wore
      tied at the waist with a belt in some cases, or loose in others. I highly
      recommend making one, as I think it's one of my favorite pieces of garb at
      the moment. Very simple. Very pretty. Very Comfy.

      Hope this helps.

      Cu drag,
      Bogdan de la Brasov

      Jeffrey Heilveil M.S. Ld. Bogdan de la Brasov, C.W.
      Department of Entomology MoAS, Barony of Wurm Wald
      University of Illinois Bucatar-sef, Wurm Wald
      heilveil@... Middle Kingdom
      (217) 355-5702
      ICQ: 34699710 A Bear's paw and base vert on field argent

      Once one dismisses the rest of all possible worlds, one finds that this is
      the best of all possible worlds.
      -Voltaire, _Candide_
    • Jeff Smith
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 29, 2000
        Am I the only one who can't find the picture? If I am, where should I look?

        Barcsi Janos

        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 29, 2000
          From the description it is a Kaftan and Zupan. Think turkish with fur and
          some italian fabrics.
        • Karoline Kramer Gould
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 7, 2012
            Greetings!

            If you are interested in Conquest era garb, a great resource is:
            http://steppes.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=board19&action=display&thread=1225&page=1

            I have only begun researching food from that era, once I find some sources,
            I'll let you know.

            In Service,
            Zsof

            --
            Karoline Kramer Gould
            Music Director, The Heights 88.7 (WJCU Cleveland)