Sig-Polish exhibit and lightbulbs burning

  • Judwiga Czarnpica
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 23, 2000
      The land of the Winged Horseman:Poland exhibit was wonderful. Now I really know
      why the phrase of "what, did you think you were born with a silver spoon in
      your mouth?" is automatically replied with , Well, Yes, as a matter of fact!!!
      Did any one manage to pick up the book? I would like some pages if possible..
      as I am saving for Estrella!!!
      So, did anyone else pick up on the Sarmatian references?? I was very intrigued,
      being a woman fighter, and the Amazons went into the Sarmatian tribe after they
      left their original, or only female, tribes. Note, they both wear red as the
      favorite/traditional color; the Polish government is making sure the Tarpan
      breed survives, and the Tarpan was the Amazon's breed of choice. I know, these
      are small links, two only to start, but I am also intrigued by the amount of
      Goddess worship in the Polish pagan movement that I have found off a web site
      (I Think it is one of the Sig members), and a lot of other little details...
      Well, that is about all, thought I would share this with the class, as I am
      very jazzed about this, and now I can say that I went off to my cousins every
      summer to learn their crafts and herbcraft, etc.
      Judwiga
    • landolf@deseretmail.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 24, 2000
        Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2000 19:48:53 -0800
        From: Judwiga Czarnpica <judwiga@...>
        Subject: Sig-Polish exhibit and lightbulbs burning

        >The land of the Winged Horseman:Poland exhibit was wonderful. Now I really know
        >why the phrase of "what, did you think you were born with a silver spoon in
        >your mouth?" is automatically replied with , Well, Yes, as a matter of fact!!!
        >Did any one manage to pick up the book? I would like some pages if possible..
        >as I am saving for Estrella!!!
        <snip>

        Judwiga,

        I'm so jealous. I doubt I'll be able to see this exhibit before if returns to Poland.
        I had my sister-in-law buy me a catalog from the Walters Museum. Contact me
        privately with your snail mail address and request and I'll try to help you out.

        BTW, for those interested I saw the catalog for sale at Polart.com.
        Landolf
      • Judwiga Czarnpica
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 24, 2000
          No reason to be jealous!! I will look it up on Polart, thanks!!
          I would love to see it again, perhaps with some Polish personas!!
          The Scythian exhibit is coming to our area soon, too...I have been told..
          Like my roomie says, what good is it to live in a Metropolitan area and not take advantage
          of the amenties?!?!?!?!

          Judwiga
          PS... I would like the pic and text on the saddle, the spoon, and the tent.. to start
          with!!LOL

        • landolf@deseretmail.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 27, 2000
            Message: 17
            Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 18:13:21 -0800
            From: Judwiga Czarnpica <judwiga@...>
            Subject: Re: Re: Sig-Polish exhibit and lightbulbs burning

            <snip>
            >PS... I would like the pic and text on the saddle, the spoon, and the tent.. to start
            >with!!LOL

            Got 'em. Now where do I send 'em?

            Landolf
          • Judwiga Czarnpica