Estonian (and other) Links!

  • quokkaqueen
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 28 1:22 AM
      Hi guys,

      Found some books about Estonian archaeology that should be interesting!

      Archaeological Research in Estonia 1865–2005
      http://oapen.org/search?identifier=423937

      The Bronze and Early Iron Ages in Estonia
      http://oapen.org/search?identifier=423939

      The Migration Period, Pre-Viking Age, and Viking Age in Estonia
      http://oapen.org/search?identifier=423944

      Landscape Archaeology between Art and Science : From a Multi- to an Interdisciplinary Approach
      http://oapen.org/search?identifier=419690
      Has an interesting article about agricultural practices in Estonia, particularly the role of fire in cultivation.

      It's mostly in German, but there is also
      "Mittelalterliche Eliten und Kulturtransfer östlich der Elbe ; interdisziplinäre Beiträge zu Archäologie und Geschichte im mittelalterlichen Ostmitteleuropa."
      [Medieval elite and cultural transfer east of the Elbe; Interdisciplinary contributions to archaeology and history in medieval eastern Central Europe]
      http://oapen.org/search?identifier=353960
      It has some really interesting articles about the German influence in central Europe around the Baltic.

      Enjoy!

      ~ffride
    • Catherine Olanich Raymond
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 28 10:23 AM
        On 09/28/2013 04:22 AM, quokkaqueen@... wrote:

        > Hi guys,
        >

        > Found some books about Estonian archaeology that should be interesting!

        Thanks for the links! I'd had the Migration Period one, didn't
        previously know where to get the Bronze/Iron age one.

        --
        Cathy Raymond
        cathy@...

        "Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future."
        - Oscar Wilde

        Confidentiality Notice

        This e-mail message and any documents accompanying this e-mail
        transmission contain confidential and/or legally privileged information
        and/or legally privileged information. The information contained herein
        is intended only for the use of the individual(s) named on the e-mail
        message. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
        that any disclosure, copying or distribution of this information or the
        taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this e-mail
        transmission is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
        transmission in error, please reply to the sender advising of the error
        and delete the message and any accompanying documents from your system
        immediately. Thank you.