Slavic U.

  • laurie ann balsavage
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 3, 2013
      Here is the event announcement for the Slovo,   Post to list as well if you like.

      Byrgida

      Slavic
      University is coming to the Aethelmearc!! A gathering for all those
      intersted in the Slavic culture is coming to the Shire of Abhainn
      Ciach Ghlais in picturesque Central PA. Join us to experience the
      unique aspects of these peoples. Learn from those gentles who have
      studied many years. Practice your art. Welcome newcomers with a bit
      of your experience with the Slavic world as a class instructor.

      There
      will be a library available to share resources. All attendees are
      urged to bring your best sources: a librarian will be present.
      Share your projects in the A&S display and show your works in
      progress.

      There will be a token for the gentle who travels farthest in the
      Known World to join us.

      Wear/bring
      your best garb and be in the fashion show! Let's see how many
      different regions can be represented. Contact the autocrat to
      participate.

      Slavic
      University will be held on October 26, 2013 at the Trinity Lutheran
      Church , 120 South Main Street, Hughesville, PA 17737. Autocrat is
      Lady Byrgida Zajacszowa (Laurie Ann
      Balsavage),happypolishlady@.... Send registrations to the Troll : Lord Conrad Kienast (Robert
      English) 124 North Second Street, Sunbury, PA 17801. If you would
      like to teach please contact Lady Aibell ingen Dairmata (Lea Wittie) ladyaibell@.... A
      Slavic sideboard will be provided by Lord Ciaran O'Tighearnaigh(
      Craig Griffiths)(ciaran.otighearnaigh@...). Contact him if you have dietary concerns.

      Site
      opens 9AM, closes 7PM. This is a DRY site. Cost is $10; this
      includes the all day sideboard. Make checks
      payable to SCA of PA , Inc. , Shire of Abhainn Ciach Ghlais .
      Children between the ages of 5 and 17 pay $5.00; babies age 4 and
      under free. The family cap is $25.00. A $5 surcharge applies to
      anyone without proof of membership the day of the event.

      See
      ACG website http://www.eg.bucknell.edu/~acg/for area hotels. Some crash space available, contact the autocrat.

      Directions:

      From the north: Find
      your best route to Route 15S. At Williamsport, follow I180E/220N
      about 15 miles; Exit for 405N; follow 405N into Hughesville. One
      block past first red light turn left : Academy Street. ( Church on
      the left as you make the turn.) Park in the large parking lot at the
      rear of the church.
      From the west: Find
      your best route to Route I80,. Exit 212B , merge onto I180W toward
      Williamsport. ( You are about 15 miles from the site.) Exit 405N;
      follow into Hughesville. One block past first red light, turn left
      at Academy Street. ( Church on left as you make the turn.) Park in
      the large parking lot at the rear of the church.
      From the east: Find
      your best route to Route I80W. Exit 212B to merge onto I180W toward
      Williamsport. (You are about 15 miles from the site.) Exit 405N,
      follow into Hughesville. One block past the first red light, turn
      left at Academy Street. (Church on the left as you make the turn.)
      Park in the large parking lot at the rear of the church.