Re: [sig] Digest Number 3493

    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 19, 2013
      awesome.....I live 100 yards from you at Pennsic!

      From my Android phone on T-Mobile. The first nationwide 4G network.

      From: Sfandra <seonaid13@...>
      To: "sig@yahoogroups.com" <sig@yahoogroups.com>
      CC:

      We had a conversation about what to use for an SCA household a while go for me, when I was elevated to the Peerage.  My household (the big one) is set up in a way that all Peers have their own "sub-houses".   So within the greater Haus Von Drakenklaue, I am head of "Sfandrinskaia Druzhina".  However, I've not tried to register that (not even my arms: I know, bad peer, no biscuit...)

      I recall there's also a particular structure to designate "descendents of".... I'm trying to remember ... Chernigovichi?  I think I've seen that used to reference the family of the ruling princes of Chernigov....

      You can also submit to the College of Heralds that Doma Kazimirich is based on Doma Romanovich, depending on how early your documentation gets.  If you can tag it to pre-1650 for sure -- submit, w/ documentation, and force it up to Laurel for reconsideration.  The College of Heralds WILL overturn old precedents if you can give them reasonable enough documentation.  But PARTICULARLY for Slavic languages, they need documentation in English.   They're stubborn, but will change their minds if you can give them enough proof.

      --Sfandra Dmitrieva

      ******************

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 19, 2013
        The SCA College of Heralds forgets that in some languages there are such
        things as conjugations. So when the word is taken out of context, it looses
        sense.
        I had similar issue with registering my surname, they told me that the form
        was wrong. So I wrote an appeal. The name passed.
        I understand that languages change with time, however, some words and
        conjugations have not changed. I grew up with this stuff, which should
        account for something, I would think.
        So, if you want to register Dom of some such Thing, I suggest that you do
        it. I could help you with forming the name, as much as I can. I have a
        decent collection of books that might help. At the very least it will be a
        good try. And hopefully, SCA will have one less badly formed Russian name.
        (;

        You can contact me directly, or through the list. I am also on Facebook and
        Sig Facebook group.

        YIS
        Tatiana Moskovskaia

        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 19, 2013
          That would be great! So......any way I could shamelessly beg for a translation of my apprentice contract? 4 sentences......I believe in brevity!
          'dok

          From my Android phone on T-Mobile. The first nationwide 4G network.