Re: 16th Century Polish Portraits

  • Magdalena
    Message 1 of 8 , May 26, 2013
      I don't know about sorting by time period but you could try by subject. For instance, Pani Jadwiga was looking for children or families. You could sort by those themes and look for the period when it was painted.

      Magdalena
    • Catherine Olanich Raymond
      Message 2 of 8 , May 26, 2013
        On 05/26/2013 10:08 PM, Magdalena wrote:
        > I don't know about sorting by time period but you could try by
        subject. For instance, Pani Jadwiga was looking for children or
        families. You could sort by those themes and look for the period when it
        was painted.

        Yes, it's easy to find that information. But the site provides no
        information about *when* each portrait you obtain in your search. was
        painted. I was getting more information from looking at each image and
        measuring it by my knowledge of period costume than I was from the site
        itself.

        Still it is an amazing collection of images. Thanks for the pointer.

        --
        Cathy Raymond
        cathy@...

        "Remember that time is money."
        --Benjamin Franklin
        Message 3 of 8 , May 27, 2013
          Thanks, Sandy! I ran it through Beersmith for an all-grain recipe, possibly with fruit and honey in the secondary. I love a malty beverage but I prefer to avoid a young or green beer, as my friends prefer my house beers so I'm on my own for my beer experiments!
                Thank you again, and please thank your Lord! I hope we can meet sometime soon over cold beers and share some laughs and brewing no-shit-that-happened-to-me-too stories!
          Tim (aka 'dok)

          From my Android phone on T-Mobile. The first nationwide 4G network.