Re: [sig] Re: 16th Century Polish Portraits

  • Anita Taylor
    Message 1 of 8 , May 22, 2013
      This site has some good images and information about the artists:

      http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Renaissance_painters_from_Poland

      Annaka Poznanska

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 8 , May 25, 2013
        http://artyzm.com/index.php

        This is a Polish Art site I've found helpful.

        YIS
        Magdalena
      • Catherine Olanich Raymond
        Message 3 of 8 , May 26, 2013
          On 05/25/2013 07:07 PM, Magdalena wrote:

          > http://artyzm.com/index.php
          >
          > This is a Polish Art site I've found helpful.

          How do you get it to just give you 16th century portraits?

          --
          Cathy Raymond
          cathy@...

          "Remember that time is money."
          --Benjamin Franklin
        • Magdalena
          Message 4 of 8 , May 26, 2013
            I don't know about sorting by time period but you could try by subject. For instance, Pani Jadwiga was looking for children or families. You could sort by those themes and look for the period when it was painted.

            Magdalena
          • Catherine Olanich Raymond
            Message 5 of 8 , May 26, 2013
              On 05/26/2013 10:08 PM, Magdalena wrote:
              > I don't know about sorting by time period but you could try by
              subject. For instance, Pani Jadwiga was looking for children or
              families. You could sort by those themes and look for the period when it
              was painted.

              Yes, it's easy to find that information. But the site provides no
              information about *when* each portrait you obtain in your search. was
              painted. I was getting more information from looking at each image and
              measuring it by my knowledge of period costume than I was from the site
              itself.

              Still it is an amazing collection of images. Thanks for the pointer.

              --
              Cathy Raymond
              cathy@...

              "Remember that time is money."
              --Benjamin Franklin
              Message 6 of 8 , May 27, 2013
                Thanks, Sandy! I ran it through Beersmith for an all-grain recipe, possibly with fruit and honey in the secondary. I love a malty beverage but I prefer to avoid a young or green beer, as my friends prefer my house beers so I'm on my own for my beer experiments!
                      Thank you again, and please thank your Lord! I hope we can meet sometime soon over cold beers and share some laughs and brewing no-shit-that-happened-to-me-too stories!
                Tim (aka 'dok)

                From my Android phone on T-Mobile. The first nationwide 4G network.