Re: 16th Century Polish Portraits

  • Stephanie Ross
    Message 1 of 8 , May 22, 2013
      I found this site - it might be a good place to start.
      http://medievalhistories.com/europa-jagellonica/

      Nadya

      --
      Et si omnes ego non.

    • Anita Taylor
      Message 2 of 8 , May 22, 2013
        This site has some good images and information about the artists:

        http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Renaissance_painters_from_Poland

        Annaka Poznanska

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 8 , May 25, 2013
          http://artyzm.com/index.php

          This is a Polish Art site I've found helpful.

          YIS
          Magdalena
        • Catherine Olanich Raymond
          Message 4 of 8 , May 26, 2013
            On 05/25/2013 07:07 PM, Magdalena wrote:

            > http://artyzm.com/index.php
            >
            > This is a Polish Art site I've found helpful.

            How do you get it to just give you 16th century portraits?

            --
            Cathy Raymond
            cathy@...

            "Remember that time is money."
            --Benjamin Franklin
          • Magdalena
            Message 5 of 8 , May 26, 2013
              I don't know about sorting by time period but you could try by subject. For instance, Pani Jadwiga was looking for children or families. You could sort by those themes and look for the period when it was painted.

              Magdalena
            • Catherine Olanich Raymond
              Message 6 of 8 , May 26, 2013
                On 05/26/2013 10:08 PM, Magdalena wrote:
                > I don't know about sorting by time period but you could try by
                subject. For instance, Pani Jadwiga was looking for children or
                families. You could sort by those themes and look for the period when it
                was painted.

                Yes, it's easy to find that information. But the site provides no
                information about *when* each portrait you obtain in your search. was
                painted. I was getting more information from looking at each image and
                measuring it by my knowledge of period costume than I was from the site
                itself.

                Still it is an amazing collection of images. Thanks for the pointer.

                --
                Cathy Raymond
                cathy@...

                "Remember that time is money."
                --Benjamin Franklin
                Message 7 of 8 , May 27, 2013
                  Thanks, Sandy! I ran it through Beersmith for an all-grain recipe, possibly with fruit and honey in the secondary. I love a malty beverage but I prefer to avoid a young or green beer, as my friends prefer my house beers so I'm on my own for my beer experiments!
                        Thank you again, and please thank your Lord! I hope we can meet sometime soon over cold beers and share some laughs and brewing no-shit-that-happened-to-me-too stories!
                  Tim (aka 'dok)

                  From my Android phone on T-Mobile. The first nationwide 4G network.