16th Century Polish Portraits

  • yotebeth
    Message 1 of 8 , May 21, 2013
      Good morning SIG!

      I am looking for some images of 16th c Polish Portraits, especially of children, and even better if they are in color. Pictures of families, or women with their issues would be fine too.

      I'm looking to recreate some paintings of my "children" for Golden Swan this year, and have just hit a road block on this.

      Man thanks!

      Pani Jadwiga
    • Stephanie Ross
      Message 2 of 8 , May 22, 2013
        I found this site - it might be a good place to start.
        http://medievalhistories.com/europa-jagellonica/

        Nadya

        --
        Et si omnes ego non.

      • Anita Taylor
        Message 3 of 8 , May 22, 2013
          This site has some good images and information about the artists:

          http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Renaissance_painters_from_Poland

          Annaka Poznanska

          ________________________________

          Message 4 of 8 , May 25, 2013
            http://artyzm.com/index.php

            This is a Polish Art site I've found helpful.

            YIS
            Magdalena
          • Catherine Olanich Raymond
            Message 5 of 8 , May 26, 2013
              On 05/25/2013 07:07 PM, Magdalena wrote:

              > http://artyzm.com/index.php
              >
              > This is a Polish Art site I've found helpful.

              How do you get it to just give you 16th century portraits?

              --
              Cathy Raymond
              cathy@...

              "Remember that time is money."
              --Benjamin Franklin
            • Magdalena
              Message 6 of 8 , May 26, 2013
                I don't know about sorting by time period but you could try by subject. For instance, Pani Jadwiga was looking for children or families. You could sort by those themes and look for the period when it was painted.

                Magdalena
              • Catherine Olanich Raymond
                Message 7 of 8 , May 26, 2013
                  On 05/26/2013 10:08 PM, Magdalena wrote:
                  > I don't know about sorting by time period but you could try by
                  subject. For instance, Pani Jadwiga was looking for children or
                  families. You could sort by those themes and look for the period when it
                  was painted.

                  Yes, it's easy to find that information. But the site provides no
                  information about *when* each portrait you obtain in your search. was
                  painted. I was getting more information from looking at each image and
                  measuring it by my knowledge of period costume than I was from the site
                  itself.

                  Still it is an amazing collection of images. Thanks for the pointer.

                  --
                  Cathy Raymond
                  cathy@...

                  "Remember that time is money."
                  --Benjamin Franklin
                  Message 8 of 8 , May 27, 2013
                    Thanks, Sandy! I ran it through Beersmith for an all-grain recipe, possibly with fruit and honey in the secondary. I love a malty beverage but I prefer to avoid a young or green beer, as my friends prefer my house beers so I'm on my own for my beer experiments!
                          Thank you again, and please thank your Lord! I hope we can meet sometime soon over cold beers and share some laughs and brewing no-shit-that-happened-to-me-too stories!
                    Tim (aka 'dok)

                    From my Android phone on T-Mobile. The first nationwide 4G network.