Re: Laureling ceremony in Russian

  • Varju
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 26 8:13 PM
      (de-lurks)
      Hi there,
      Here in the East, we often have bilingual ceremonies (French/English) up in Canada. Usually it is handled by the herald as such - the herald reads the parts in the person's chosen language first in it's entirety, (in your case, Russian), and then in English for the rest of us.

      It does get long, but it's easy enough to follow this way.
      Hope this helps,
      - Varju

      --- In sig@yahoogroups.com, Anya Stickney <anyas5@...> wrote:

      > Greetings,
      >
      > I was invited to join the Order of the Laurel, and my elevation ceremony is
      > next week (May 4). Since I have a Russian persona, the current plan is to
      > be heralded in Russian and English (the herald will speak a phrase in
      > Russian, then the same phrase in English). I considered doing this to the
      > whole ceremony, but I think it will be overly long and tedious.
      > Does anyone have any experience with dual-language ceremonies? Have you
      > ever seen anything like this done, and if so, did it go well?
      > Any other suggestions for a Russian laureling ceremony?
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Lady Anya Sergeeva

    • Anya Stickney
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 29 11:15 AM
        Thank you. It's good to know that this has been done successfully in the
        past.

        Lady Anya Sergeeva