Laureling ceremony in Russian

  • Anya Stickney
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 26, 2013
      Greetings,

      I was invited to join the Order of the Laurel, and my elevation ceremony is
      next week (May 4). Since I have a Russian persona, the current plan is to
      be heralded in Russian and English (the herald will speak a phrase in
      Russian, then the same phrase in English). I considered doing this to the
      whole ceremony, but I think it will be overly long and tedious.
      Does anyone have any experience with dual-language ceremonies? Have you
      ever seen anything like this done, and if so, did it go well?
      Any other suggestions for a Russian laureling ceremony?

      Thanks,
      Lady Anya Sergeeva

    • Varju
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 26, 2013
        (de-lurks)
        Hi there,
        Here in the East, we often have bilingual ceremonies (French/English) up in Canada. Usually it is handled by the herald as such - the herald reads the parts in the person's chosen language first in it's entirety, (in your case, Russian), and then in English for the rest of us.

        It does get long, but it's easy enough to follow this way.
        Hope this helps,
        - Varju

        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 26, 2013
          Congrats! Two heralds, in tandum? Master Mikhial spoke as the Laurel at mine în 1999.
          'dok

          From my Android phone on T-Mobile. The first nationwide 4G network.

          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 29, 2013
            Thank you. It's good to know that this has been done successfully in the
            past.

            Lady Anya Sergeeva