Viking Rus garb

  • charles stefanich
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 18 7:36 PM
      A friend is researching female viking rus garb. are there any good sites i can point her towards?
      Istvan Valkai

    • Catherine Olanich Raymond
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 18 9:48 PM
        On 04/18/2013 10:36 PM, charles stefanich wrote:
        > A friend is researching female viking rus garb. are there any good sites i can point her towards?
        > Istvan Valkai

        In my opinion, these should be helpful:

        http://www.strangelove.net/~kieser/Russia/PskovTranslation.html

        http://members.ozemail.com.au/~chrisandpeter/sarafan/sarafan.htm (this
        is the "Peter Beatson summary" referred to in the first citation).

        http://usadba-psk.narod.ru/hangerok.html (in Russian, but Google
        Translate is quite helpful)

        http://urd.priv.no/viking/serk.html (discussion of the Pskov finds,
        about 40% of the way down the page)