Slavic and Hungarian Festival

  • Jennifer D. Miller
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 6 3:36 PM
      The Slavic and Hungarian Festival will be taking place on Tuesday evening
      (August 17) at 7 PM in A&S tent 3 (the BIG one). Details are in the latest
      Slovo, which is now online (if anyone didn't get the notice) at
      http://www/uwplatt/edu/~goldschp/slovo.html

      The hosts for this year's Festival are Bogdan din Brasov and myself.
      Bogdan should be writing to the group about refreshments fairly soon. We
      will also be having an A&S display of everyone's (well, everyone who brings
      something) latest Slavic/Hungarian projects, a kind of "show and tell" for
      those who didn't see it two years ago. Bring your projects, finished or
      not, and be prepared to pass it/them around and give a little explanation.
      For those shy ones (Us? Nah) we will have a display table. We would like
      all participants to be prepared to fill out a 3X5 card (or bring one with
      them) with a little info about their piece(s). Items from the last time we
      did this included a beautiful icon, embroidery and clothing examples and
      books, books, books.

      We usually have a few Bandura players that stop in and play for us (they
      are members of SIG too) and last year a woman from one of the South Slavic
      countries showed us some dance steps. Since we have the BIG tent this
      year, we are encouraging people to bring their friends and neighbors and
      anyone else who is slightly interested in Slavic/Hungarian stuff (did I
      mention it is a big tent?).

      Bring your cameras (and give me pictures to put up)!

      At 04:31 PM 7/6/1999 -0400, you wrote:
      >From: "Jessica Wilbur" <jessica@...>
      >I will be arriving the middle Saturday as well, staying through the second
      week and leaving
      >on Sunday. I'm also looking forward to meeting folks-- am I correct in
      thinking the Slavic
      >festival is scheduled for Thursday? I hope to make it but I'm afraid that
      our baronial court
      >will be taking place then. We'll see.... =)
      >
      >--Smirenka

      ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
      Ilyana Barsova (Yana) jdmiller2@...
      http://www.sit.wisc.edu/~jdmiller2
      Slavic Interest Group http://www.uwplatt.edu/~goldschp/slavic.html
    • Jessica Wilbur
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 7 9:53 AM
        Thanks Yana! I think I should be able to make it! =)

        --Smirenka

      • Varju@xxx.xxx
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 7 10:53 AM
          In a message dated 7/6/1999 4:46:25 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
          jdmiller2@... writes:

          << The Slavic and Hungarian Festival will be taking place on Tuesday evening
          (August 17) at 7 PM in A&S tent 3 (the BIG one). >>

          Sigh. . .I'll think of everyone at that time, watch for the good vibes. :->

          Pennsic is just too far for me to travel. . . .

          Noemi