Re: Slavic U was [sig] Introducing Myself

  • goldschp tds.net
    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 27, 2013
      That was probably my class on Period Russian (we learned how to write our
      names and say hello). I'm certainly planning to be there and am offering
      to teach the class.

      Paul Wickenden

      On Wed, Mar 27, 2013 at 9:07 AM, Yevgeniya Pechenaya
      <ladie_lada@...>wrote:

      > **
      >

      > Hi guys!
      >
      > This looks like a Slavic U I can make it to. only about 4-5 hrs away :)
      > I can teach Russian Calligraphy.
      >
      > Also A few years back there was a Slavic U around Maryland or Baltimore or
      > something. And there was a class taught on Medieval Russian. I ended up not
      > being able to go and I don't know taught the class but I would LOVE to take
      > it if the person is able and willing to teach it again.
      >

      > Lada
      >
      > Oooooh...
      > SHINY!
      >
      > scribal arts:
      >
      > http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150165898386642.292073.728251641&l=c4602b7ffc&type=1
      >
      > ________________________________

    • Elzbieta Traidenyte
      Message 2 of 14 , Mar 27, 2013
        I would love to see a Slavic U in Aethelmearc, and would certainly travel (from the Barony of Thescorre) to be there. I do enjoy playing in kitchens, and while I have no specific knowledge of slavic food (yet!), I'd be happy to be of support at the event.
        Lady Elzbieta Traidenyte
        > > ________________________________

      • Laura Munn
        Message 3 of 14 , Mar 27, 2013
          I do not know what I have to offer, but I will certainly put into my
          schedule that it is happening and hopefully make it to the event!

          -Katrusha

          On Wed, Mar 27, 2013 at 10:32 AM, Elzbieta Traidenyte <
          elzbieta_traidenyte@...> wrote:

          > **
          >

          > I would love to see a Slavic U in Aethelmearc, and would certainly travel
          > (from the Barony of Thescorre) to be there. I do enjoy playing in kitchens,
          > and while I have no specific knowledge of slavic food (yet!), I'd be happy
          > to be of support at the event.
          > Lady Elzbieta Traidenyte
          > > > ________________________________

          My SCA work: http://katrusha.blogspot.com/

          My artwork: http://arathreel.deviantart.com/

          My baked goods:
          https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.472661423252.251805.510143252&type=1&l=8fcf80877f

          Laura Munn AKA Katrusha the Skomorokh
          Artist
          Writer
          Baker

        • Yevgeniya Pechenaya
          Message 4 of 14 , Mar 27, 2013
            ooooh! That would be great. I teach a Conversation Russian class at Pennsic with a big disclaimer of "this is not medieval Russian"
            As a native Russian speaker I can kinda stumble through a medieval text when it comes to reading and I can even understand some of it, but I would love to learn more.
            Long term goal: learn enough medieval Russian to be able to write scroll texts. :)

            Message 5 of 14 , Mar 27, 2013
              Not sure if I could make it out (I'm in Oregon ) but if I can I can teach novgorod style illumination

              Marya Kargashina