Re: [sig] Introducing Myself

  • Patty
    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 26, 2013
      I too love the idea of a Slavic University in Aethelmearc! I am about 3.5 hours from the site.

      My only caveat is that I don't know yet what my employment situation will be this fall. It's a bit hard to travel when you don't have much money. But I am working right now, at least, and maybe I can even dream up a new Lithuania-related class between now and then! Or maybe I can get more folks in northern Atlantia interested! I know a couple of Laurels from Storvik came to the last Slavic U., and Atlantia's current Tsar and Tsaritsa will be relieved of their Kingdom responsibilities in a couple of weeks.

      Thanks for getting this going!

      Best regards,
      Patricia of Trakai
      Barony of Storvik

      Message 2 of 14 , Mar 27, 2013
        I'll come out and teach too! I have a variety of classes, most of which are applicable! With any luck maybe I can drag some of my "partners in crime" along too.
        'dok

        From my Android phone on T-Mobile. The first nationwide 4G network.

        Two things:  My local shire of ACG ( Abhain Ciach Ghlais) in Aethelmarc  has an active Cook's Guild.  We would like to try some Slavic food, the only source (printed) I have is Food and Drink in Medieval Poland.  In trying to be more generalistic, are there any sources that might be easily accessed for us?   I know there is a wealth of knowledge on this list, since I have been reading for quite some time now.

        #2  I would like to put together a Slavic University to be held October 26, 2013 near Williamsport, PA and I am fishing for interest and availability.  Of course if you are able to teach that would be fantastic, but I am also wondering what to expect for attendance.  Any input you have would be appreciated for my planning.

        Yours in Service

        Lady Byrgida Zajaczowa

      • Yevgeniya Pechenaya
        Message 3 of 14 , Mar 27, 2013
          Hi guys!

          This looks like a Slavic U I can make it to. only about 4-5 hrs away :)
          I can teach Russian Calligraphy.

          Also A few years back there was a Slavic U around Maryland or Baltimore or something. And there was a class taught on Medieval Russian. I ended up not being able to go and I don't know taught the class but I would LOVE to take it if the person is able and willing to teach it again.

          Lada

          Oooooh...
          SHINY!

          scribal arts:
          http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150165898386642.292073.728251641&l=c4602b7ffc&type=1

          ________________________________

          Message 4 of 14 , Mar 27, 2013
            That was probably my class on Period Russian (we learned how to write our
            names and say hello). I'm certainly planning to be there and am offering
            to teach the class.

            Paul Wickenden

            On Wed, Mar 27, 2013 at 9:07 AM, Yevgeniya Pechenaya
            <ladie_lada@...>wrote:

            > **
            >

            > Hi guys!
            >
            > This looks like a Slavic U I can make it to. only about 4-5 hrs away :)
            > I can teach Russian Calligraphy.
            >
            > Also A few years back there was a Slavic U around Maryland or Baltimore or
            > something. And there was a class taught on Medieval Russian. I ended up not
            > being able to go and I don't know taught the class but I would LOVE to take
            > it if the person is able and willing to teach it again.
            >

            > Lada
            >
            > Oooooh...
            > SHINY!
            >
            > scribal arts:
            >
            > http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150165898386642.292073.728251641&l=c4602b7ffc&type=1
            >
            > ________________________________

          • Elzbieta Traidenyte
            Message 5 of 14 , Mar 27, 2013
              I would love to see a Slavic U in Aethelmearc, and would certainly travel (from the Barony of Thescorre) to be there. I do enjoy playing in kitchens, and while I have no specific knowledge of slavic food (yet!), I'd be happy to be of support at the event.
              Lady Elzbieta Traidenyte
              > > ________________________________

            • Laura Munn
              Message 6 of 14 , Mar 27, 2013
                I do not know what I have to offer, but I will certainly put into my
                schedule that it is happening and hopefully make it to the event!

                -Katrusha

                On Wed, Mar 27, 2013 at 10:32 AM, Elzbieta Traidenyte <
                elzbieta_traidenyte@...> wrote:

                > **
                >

                > I would love to see a Slavic U in Aethelmearc, and would certainly travel
                > (from the Barony of Thescorre) to be there. I do enjoy playing in kitchens,
                > and while I have no specific knowledge of slavic food (yet!), I'd be happy
                > to be of support at the event.
                > Lady Elzbieta Traidenyte
                > > > ________________________________

                My SCA work: http://katrusha.blogspot.com/

                My artwork: http://arathreel.deviantart.com/

                My baked goods:
                https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.472661423252.251805.510143252&type=1&l=8fcf80877f

                Laura Munn AKA Katrusha the Skomorokh
                Artist
                Writer
                Baker

              • Yevgeniya Pechenaya
                Message 7 of 14 , Mar 27, 2013
                  ooooh! That would be great. I teach a Conversation Russian class at Pennsic with a big disclaimer of "this is not medieval Russian"
                  As a native Russian speaker I can kinda stumble through a medieval text when it comes to reading and I can even understand some of it, but I would love to learn more.
                  Long term goal: learn enough medieval Russian to be able to write scroll texts. :)

                  Message 8 of 14 , Mar 27, 2013
                    Not sure if I could make it out (I'm in Oregon ) but if I can I can teach novgorod style illumination

                    Marya Kargashina