Re: [sig] Introducing Myself

  • laurie ann balsavage
    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 25, 2013
      Greetings to the list:

      Two things:  My local shire of ACG ( Abhain Ciach Ghlais) in Aethelmarc  has an active Cook's Guild.  We would like to try some Slavic food, the only source (printed) I have is Food and Drink in Medieval Poland.  In trying to be more generalistic, are there any sources that might be easily accessed for us?   I know there is a wealth of knowledge on this list, since I have been reading for quite some time now.

      #2  I would like to put together a Slavic University to be held October 26, 2013 near Williamsport, PA and I am fishing for interest and availability.  Of course if you are able to teach that would be fantastic, but I am also wondering what to expect for attendance.  Any input you have would be appreciated for my planning.

      Yours in Service

      Lady Byrgida Zajaczowa

      Message 2 of 14 , Mar 25, 2013
        Regarding a Slavic University -- I would be happy to come & teach.  Williamsport PA is not too far for me to drive.  However, that time of year is tricky for me, because of work obligations.  I wouldn't be able to commit until much closer to the date.

        --Sfandra Dmitrieva

        ******************
        Boiarynia Sfandra Dmitrieva Chernigova
        http://sfandra.webs.com
        Never 'pearl' your butt.
        ******************

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 14 , Mar 26, 2013
          The idea of a Slavic University as a permanent/temporary institute aiming at enlarging the knowledge about Slavic old history is great. We are discussing this topic also in Linkedin opn a wider range of historical interests. I would very much appreciate getting more information. Thanks!

          Aldo

          Message 4 of 14 , Mar 26, 2013
            I would LOVE to attend a Slavic University in ACG (gives me an excuse to
            visit my folks!). I'll probably be able to attend and would be willing to
            offer my old war horses (names and period Russian) as classes.

            Let me know how the planning goes and I'll be happy to promote it in Slovo
            as well.

            Thanks,
            Paul

            On Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 12:33 PM, Sfandra <seonaid13@...> wrote:

            > **
            >

            > Regarding a Slavic University -- I would be happy to come & teach.
            > Williamsport PA is not too far for me to drive. However, that time of year
            > is tricky for me, because of work obligations. I wouldn't be able to
            > commit until much closer to the date.
            >
            > --Sfandra Dmitrieva
            >

            > ******************
            > Boiarynia Sfandra Dmitrieva Chernigova
            > O.L., O.M., K.O.E., Haus VDK, East Kingdom
            > http://sfandra.webs.com
            > Never 'pearl' your butt.
            > ******************
            >
            > ________________________________

          • laurie ann balsavage
            Message 5 of 14 , Mar 26, 2013
              Thank you so much for your support, I will post details as soon as they happen.

              ________________________________
              I would LOVE to attend a Slavic University in ACG (gives me an excuse to
              visit my folks!).  I'll probably be able to attend and would be willing to
              offer my old war horses (names and period Russian) as classes.

              Let me know how the planning goes and I'll be happy to promote it in Slovo
              as well.

              Thanks,
              Paul

              On Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 12:33 PM, Sfandra <seonaid13@...> wrote:

              > **
              >

              > Regarding a Slavic University -- I would be happy to come & teach.
              > Williamsport PA is not too far for me to drive.  However, that time of year
              > is tricky for me, because of work obligations.  I wouldn't be able to
              > commit until much closer to the date.
              >
              > --Sfandra Dmitrieva
              >

              > ******************
              > Boiarynia Sfandra Dmitrieva Chernigova
              > O.L., O.M., K.O.E., Haus VDK, East Kingdom
              > http://sfandra.webs.com
              > Never 'pearl' your butt.
              > ******************
              >
              > ________________________________

            • Patty
              Message 6 of 14 , Mar 26, 2013
                I too love the idea of a Slavic University in Aethelmearc! I am about 3.5 hours from the site.

                My only caveat is that I don't know yet what my employment situation will be this fall. It's a bit hard to travel when you don't have much money. But I am working right now, at least, and maybe I can even dream up a new Lithuania-related class between now and then! Or maybe I can get more folks in northern Atlantia interested! I know a couple of Laurels from Storvik came to the last Slavic U., and Atlantia's current Tsar and Tsaritsa will be relieved of their Kingdom responsibilities in a couple of weeks.

                Thanks for getting this going!

                Best regards,
                Patricia of Trakai
                Barony of Storvik

                Message 7 of 14 , Mar 27, 2013
                  I'll come out and teach too! I have a variety of classes, most of which are applicable! With any luck maybe I can drag some of my "partners in crime" along too.
                  'dok

                  From my Android phone on T-Mobile. The first nationwide 4G network.

                  Two things:  My local shire of ACG ( Abhain Ciach Ghlais) in Aethelmarc  has an active Cook's Guild.  We would like to try some Slavic food, the only source (printed) I have is Food and Drink in Medieval Poland.  In trying to be more generalistic, are there any sources that might be easily accessed for us?   I know there is a wealth of knowledge on this list, since I have been reading for quite some time now.

                  #2  I would like to put together a Slavic University to be held October 26, 2013 near Williamsport, PA and I am fishing for interest and availability.  Of course if you are able to teach that would be fantastic, but I am also wondering what to expect for attendance.  Any input you have would be appreciated for my planning.

                  Yours in Service

                  Lady Byrgida Zajaczowa

                • Yevgeniya Pechenaya
                  Message 8 of 14 , Mar 27, 2013
                    Hi guys!

                    This looks like a Slavic U I can make it to. only about 4-5 hrs away :)
                    I can teach Russian Calligraphy.

                    Also A few years back there was a Slavic U around Maryland or Baltimore or something. And there was a class taught on Medieval Russian. I ended up not being able to go and I don't know taught the class but I would LOVE to take it if the person is able and willing to teach it again.

                    Lada

                    Oooooh...
                    SHINY!

                    scribal arts:
                    http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150165898386642.292073.728251641&l=c4602b7ffc&type=1

                    ________________________________

                    Message 9 of 14 , Mar 27, 2013
                      That was probably my class on Period Russian (we learned how to write our
                      names and say hello). I'm certainly planning to be there and am offering
                      to teach the class.

                      Paul Wickenden

                      On Wed, Mar 27, 2013 at 9:07 AM, Yevgeniya Pechenaya
                      <ladie_lada@...>wrote:

                      > **
                      >

                      > Hi guys!
                      >
                      > This looks like a Slavic U I can make it to. only about 4-5 hrs away :)
                      > I can teach Russian Calligraphy.
                      >
                      > Also A few years back there was a Slavic U around Maryland or Baltimore or
                      > something. And there was a class taught on Medieval Russian. I ended up not
                      > being able to go and I don't know taught the class but I would LOVE to take
                      > it if the person is able and willing to teach it again.
                      >

                      > Lada
                      >
                      > Oooooh...
                      > SHINY!
                      >
                      > scribal arts:
                      >
                      > http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150165898386642.292073.728251641&l=c4602b7ffc&type=1
                      >
                      > ________________________________

                    • Elzbieta Traidenyte
                      Message 10 of 14 , Mar 27, 2013
                        I would love to see a Slavic U in Aethelmearc, and would certainly travel (from the Barony of Thescorre) to be there. I do enjoy playing in kitchens, and while I have no specific knowledge of slavic food (yet!), I'd be happy to be of support at the event.
                        Lady Elzbieta Traidenyte
                        > > ________________________________

                      • Laura Munn
                        Message 11 of 14 , Mar 27, 2013
                          I do not know what I have to offer, but I will certainly put into my
                          schedule that it is happening and hopefully make it to the event!

                          -Katrusha

                          On Wed, Mar 27, 2013 at 10:32 AM, Elzbieta Traidenyte <
                          elzbieta_traidenyte@...> wrote:

                          > **
                          >

                          > I would love to see a Slavic U in Aethelmearc, and would certainly travel
                          > (from the Barony of Thescorre) to be there. I do enjoy playing in kitchens,
                          > and while I have no specific knowledge of slavic food (yet!), I'd be happy
                          > to be of support at the event.
                          > Lady Elzbieta Traidenyte
                          > > > ________________________________

                          My SCA work: http://katrusha.blogspot.com/

                          My artwork: http://arathreel.deviantart.com/

                          My baked goods:
                          https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.472661423252.251805.510143252&type=1&l=8fcf80877f

                          Laura Munn AKA Katrusha the Skomorokh
                          Artist
                          Writer
                          Baker

                        • Yevgeniya Pechenaya
                          Message 12 of 14 , Mar 27, 2013
                            ooooh! That would be great. I teach a Conversation Russian class at Pennsic with a big disclaimer of "this is not medieval Russian"
                            As a native Russian speaker I can kinda stumble through a medieval text when it comes to reading and I can even understand some of it, but I would love to learn more.
                            Long term goal: learn enough medieval Russian to be able to write scroll texts. :)

                            Message 13 of 14 , Mar 27, 2013
                              Not sure if I could make it out (I'm in Oregon ) but if I can I can teach novgorod style illumination

                              Marya Kargashina