Re: [sig] I need some Help

  • Jeanne
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 16, 2013
      I don't know anything about the Russian Cossacks, but if it's Ukrainian Cossack (the ones wearing sharovary - puffy pants):

      Look on line for Ukrainian Dance Boots.  (Choboteh - Чоботи)
      You would want the flat heels (character heels are women's)

      In Ukrainian Culture, the color of the boot denotes wealth:
      Black/Brown being lower on the rung
      Red - wealthy
      Blue/White - usually worn by Kievan Prince/Princesses.

      .http://www.ukrainiansite.com/Boots_Main.html

      Dunno if they have any in stock or how long they will take to get from Ukraine, but you can try above.  (Note:  I haven't ordered any of their boots, so I can't testify as to quality).  Otherwise, check on line for Ukrainian Dance boots.
      If you get the dance boots, you can get someone to put a walking sole on for you after your wedding, as they are not meant to be worn out and about.

      In a pinch, you could get just a regular black boot that goes to mid calf.  In a real pinch, a shoe that looks boot like with faux leather shoe top to make it look like a boot.

      As for Sword belt, if you can use a poyas (Ukrainian Sash).  It's a few meters in length and wrapped around waist 2 - 3 times.  You can make one out of your choice of color (gold, blue, red , depending on the color of your pants, you would want a contrasting material).   Sash is 4 - 5 inches wide.  At end of sash, add some fringe.  You can tie sash on one side with two ends draping - one over the other, or you can tie in middle of stomach with shorter ends, each draping off the middle.  Tuck your sword into the poyas.

      For pictures on how it looks, go on line, look up Ukrainian costume - Poltava Region.
      https://www.google.ca/search?q=ukrainian+cossack+pants&hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=4tC&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=NREgUYb0L-nZigKy5YCwBw&ved=0CDUQsAQ&biw=1252&bih=555%c2%a0 (note not all these are Ukrainian - the straight legged pants or ones with stripe down the side are generally Russian).

      Hope that helps
      Juliana
      (PS I teach Ukrainian Dance)

      Recent Activity: