Re: Books about 16th C. Russian Costume/Embroidery/Life

  • Tatiana
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 6, 2012
      Greetings Kseniia!

      Look for works of Sigizmund Gerberstein (he was a German ambassador in Russia at the time of Ivan The Terrible) and also Ivan Zabelin (who, while in XVII c, but was interested in earlier history and wrote quite a few books). While without images, the books have good descriptions.

      Good luck!
      Tatiana Moskovskaia

      --- In sig@yahoogroups.com, Kristina Jarvis <kristina.jarvis@...> wrote:

      > Hello fellow Slavic Interest Group members!
      >
      > I am looking at trying to build up my research library (starting with
    • Kristina Jarvis
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 7, 2012
        Do you know the names of the translators? Or where I may find those books?
        Having a rough time finding them through my usual spots.

        Thanks!
        Kristina

      • Anya Stickney
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 7, 2012
          As always, google is a good resource...

          Google 'Sigizmund Gerberstein', and look in the books tab. This gives you
          several books by 'Sigismund Herberstein' about Moscow and Russia. Those are
          probably the ones Tatiana was referring to.

          Also works for Ivan Zabelin. Especially, if you limit the google books
          search by "author:Ivan Zabelin"

          Anya

          On Fri, Dec 7, 2012 at 2:45 PM, Kristina Jarvis
          <kristina.jarvis@...>wrote:

          > **
          >

          > Do you know the names of the translators? Or where I may find those books?
          > Having a rough time finding them through my usual spots.
          >
          > Thanks!
          > Kristina

        • Tatiana Golter
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 8, 2012
            You could also look on Amazon, just put the author name in the search. I
            will look up the book names later tonight, when I get home from work.

            Tatiana