Dating the Mongol invasion of Rus' according to the Byzantine Creation Era

  • Ryan M
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 21, 2012
      I'm writing a book set during the Mongol invasion of Rus'. My book begins around Feb-March AD 1238. I am trying to get an accurate year for that time according to the Byzantine calendar. Wikipedia lists some sample years in both AD and AM numbering, and says 1204 is 6712 AM. I calculated then that AD 1238 must be 6746 AM- however, Wikipedia doesn't account for the fact that the creation year starts in September, so the years don't exactly line up. I wonder if anyone can help me with this. I have some historic documents translated in English relating to the period but all the years are rendered according to the Christian era. Thanks .- Ryan,___