Beadwork.

  • seamuslady
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 17 3:00 PM
      While not that well versed in this are. Adornment & trade with Persia initially brought me to this group. Lately been in the Process of updating some of my bead adornment classes and looking to accurately include the SIG regions if applicable.

      Any and all guidance & suggestions would be of Immense help. I thank you in advance.

      Yours In service
      Satine.
    • Quokkaqueen
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 17 5:29 PM
        There is some evidence for beadwork in Estonia, particularly the relatively recent finds from Siksälä cemetery.

        See: "Siksälä : a community at the frontiers : Iron age and medieval"
        Authors: Silvia Laul; Heiki Valk
        Publisher: Tallinn [u.a.] : Univ. of Tartu, Inst. of History and Archaeology, 2007.

        There is also beadwork-like headwear, like:
        http://www.muuseum.viljandimaa.ee/aastaraamat/2004/kiudsoo.pdf http://muuseum.viljandimaa.ee/aastaraamat/2004/tahvlid.pdf (colour plates on page 7.)

        Hope that helps?
        ffride
        --- In sig@yahoogroups.com, "seamuslady" <ladysatinedelacourcel@...> wrote:

        > While not that well versed in this are. Adornment & trade with Persia initially brought me to this group. Lately been in the Process of updating some of my bead adornment classes and looking to accurately include the SIG regions if applicable.
        >
        > Any and all guidance & suggestions would be of Immense help. I thank you in advance.
        >
        > Yours In service
        > Satine.

      • Satine
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 18 10:57 PM
          Yes, this does help! Gives me much to think about. Thank you!

          Satine.

          --- In sig@yahoogroups.com, "Quokkaqueen" <quokkaqueen@...> wrote:

          > There is some evidence for beadwork in Estonia, particularly the relatively recent finds from Siksälä cemetery.
          >
          > See: "Siksälä : a community at the frontiers : Iron age and medieval"
          > Authors: Silvia Laul; Heiki Valk
          > Publisher: Tallinn [u.a.] : Univ. of Tartu, Inst. of History and Archaeology, 2007.
          >

          > There is also beadwork-like headwear, like:
          > http://www.muuseum.viljandimaa.ee/aastaraamat/2004/kiudsoo.pdf http://muuseum.viljandimaa.ee/aastaraamat/2004/tahvlid.pdf (colour plates on page 7.)
          >
          > Hope that helps?
          > ffride
        • Ryan M
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 21 11:16 AM
            I'm writing a book set during the Mongol invasion of Rus'. My book begins around Feb-March AD 1238. I am trying to get an accurate year for that time according to the Byzantine calendar. Wikipedia lists some sample years in both AD and AM numbering, and says 1204 is 6712 AM. I calculated then that AD 1238 must be 6746 AM- however, Wikipedia doesn't account for the fact that the creation year starts in September, so the years don't exactly line up. I wonder if anyone can help me with this. I have some historic documents translated in English relating to the period but all the years are rendered according to the Christian era. Thanks .- Ryan,___