need Russian Sarafan decoration pics

  • Purple Kat
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 31, 2012

      > I have a seamstress friend who is interested in Russian sarafan and
      > kukushnik (sp?), I am trying to give her ideas, but all I know is Polish
      > style.

      Can anyone help with websites with pics and or links to good info??

      PS - she would like to make the outfit for the middle of next month ... sigh

      Katheryne the Spinner

    • Catherine Olanich Raymond
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 31, 2012
        On 08/31/2012 12:22 PM, Purple Kat wrote:

        >> I have a seamstress friend who is interested in Russian sarafan and
        >> kukushnik (sp?), I am trying to give her ideas, but all I know is Polish
        >> style.
        >>

        > Can anyone help with websites with pics and or links to good info??

        Have you seen:

        http://www.strangelove.net/~kieser/Russia/Tatiana/index.html

        --
        Cathy Raymond
        cathy@...

        "Remember that time is money."
        --Benjamin Franklin
      • Howard Rachel
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 31, 2012
          Hop on Pinterest and search on words like russian, costume, sarafan, etc.
          There are some really nice pics collected there by fellow SCAers, as well
          as those simply interested in Russian and costuming and fashion.

          I also echo the recommendation of the strangelove site..

          Baron Kazimir Petrovich Pomeshanov

          *Aut Aude, Aut Tace! Be bold or be silent!*

          www.kazimir-petrovich.blogspot.com<http://www.kazimir.petrovich.blogspot.com/>
          http://pinterest.com/kazimir/