Re: Sorting out Polish headgear

  • maudeleyn@pobox.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 30, 2012
      Here's the link again- although you might have to cut and paste in the browser:

      http://www.artchive.com/web_gallery/L/Lucas-The-Younger-Cranach/Barbara-Radziwill-(1520-51)-c.1553-56.html

      Thanks for the thoughts so far- and actually, the only reason I know any of the terms is due to Master Zygmunt. Normally, I stick to 14th c. England and France, so I'm doing a little travelling for this outfit!

      I think I'll spend some time draping fabric around my head this afternoon and see where it gets me.

      Maudeleyn

      --- In sig@yahoogroups.com, kevin purtrell <krpurtell@...> wrote:

      > Can you re-post the link?
      > For me it is broken.
      >
      > Kevin Ambrozijwski

    • S.P Maiorca
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 30, 2012
        On 7/30/2012 6:40 AM, kevin purtrell wrote:

        > Can you re-post the link?
        > For me it is broken.
        >
        > Kevin Ambrozijwski
        >
        > --- On Sun, 7/29/12, maudeleyn@...
        > <mailto:maudeleyn%40pobox.com> <maudeleyn@...
        > <mailto:maudeleyn%40pobox.com>> wrote:
        >
        > From: maudeleyn@... <mailto:maudeleyn%40pobox.com>
        > <maudeleyn@... <mailto:maudeleyn%40pobox.com>>
        > Subject: [sig] Sorting out Polish headgear
        > To: sig@yahoogroups.com <mailto:sig%40yahoogroups.com>
        > Date: Sunday, July 29, 2012, 4:12 PM
        >

        > So I'm hoping to make this outfit before mid-September.
        >
        > http://www.artchive.com/web_gallery/L/Lucas-The-Younger-Cranach/Barbara-Radziwill-(1520-51)-c.1553-56.html
        >
        > I'm trying to sort through the pieces. I think I get the cap on top,
        > but below, how many pieces am I looking at? What are the shapes? Are
        > these the podwika and the bramka? I'm having trouble understanding
        > where one stops and the other begins.
        >
        > I realize I'm probably asking at the wrong time as everyone is off to
        > Pennsic, but I probably won't get started for a week or two because I
        > am about to have a baby at any minute!
        >
        > Thanks,
        >
        > Maudeleyn

        hi,