Re: [sig] Sorting out Polish headgear

  • kevin purtrell
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 30, 2012
      Can you re-post the link?
      For me it is broken.

      Kevin Ambrozijwski

      --- On Sun, 7/29/12, maudeleyn@... <maudeleyn@...> wrote:

      From: maudeleyn@... <maudeleyn@...>
      Subject: [sig] Sorting out Polish headgear
      To: sig@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Sunday, July 29, 2012, 4:12 PM

      So I'm hoping to make this outfit before mid-September.

      http://www.artchive.com/web_gallery/L/Lucas-The-Younger-Cranach/Barbara-Radziwill-(1520-51)-c.1553-56.html

      I'm trying to sort through the pieces. I think I get the cap on top, but below, how many pieces am I looking at? What are the shapes? Are these the podwika and the bramka? I'm having trouble understanding where one stops and the other begins.

      I realize I'm probably asking at the wrong time as everyone is off to Pennsic, but I probably won't get started for a week or two because I am about to have a baby at any minute!

      Thanks,

      Maudeleyn

    • maudeleyn@pobox.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 30, 2012
        Here's the link again- although you might have to cut and paste in the browser:

        http://www.artchive.com/web_gallery/L/Lucas-The-Younger-Cranach/Barbara-Radziwill-(1520-51)-c.1553-56.html

        Thanks for the thoughts so far- and actually, the only reason I know any of the terms is due to Master Zygmunt. Normally, I stick to 14th c. England and France, so I'm doing a little travelling for this outfit!

        I think I'll spend some time draping fabric around my head this afternoon and see where it gets me.

        Maudeleyn

        --- In sig@yahoogroups.com, kevin purtrell <krpurtell@...> wrote:

        > Can you re-post the link?
        > For me it is broken.
        >
        > Kevin Ambrozijwski

      • S.P Maiorca
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 30, 2012
          On 7/30/2012 6:40 AM, kevin purtrell wrote:

          > Can you re-post the link?
          > For me it is broken.
          >
          > Kevin Ambrozijwski
          >
          > --- On Sun, 7/29/12, maudeleyn@...
          > <mailto:maudeleyn%40pobox.com> <maudeleyn@...
          > <mailto:maudeleyn%40pobox.com>> wrote:
          >
          > From: maudeleyn@... <mailto:maudeleyn%40pobox.com>
          > <maudeleyn@... <mailto:maudeleyn%40pobox.com>>
          > Subject: [sig] Sorting out Polish headgear
          > To: sig@yahoogroups.com <mailto:sig%40yahoogroups.com>
          > Date: Sunday, July 29, 2012, 4:12 PM
          >

          > So I'm hoping to make this outfit before mid-September.
          >
          > http://www.artchive.com/web_gallery/L/Lucas-The-Younger-Cranach/Barbara-Radziwill-(1520-51)-c.1553-56.html
          >
          > I'm trying to sort through the pieces. I think I get the cap on top,
          > but below, how many pieces am I looking at? What are the shapes? Are
          > these the podwika and the bramka? I'm having trouble understanding
          > where one stops and the other begins.
          >
          > I realize I'm probably asking at the wrong time as everyone is off to
          > Pennsic, but I probably won't get started for a week or two because I
          > am about to have a baby at any minute!
          >
          > Thanks,
          >
          > Maudeleyn

          hi,