Re: 16th century Hungarian ladies costume

  • Zsigmond Szekely
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 25, 2012
      Link did not work for me

      Zsigmond

      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 25, 2012
        Its not feeding but I bet its out of Irina Turnau's Costumes of Eastern Europe 15-18 Centuries. If so, she is an extremely reliable source, as she was a highly respected historian and director of the Un. Of Polands dept of Material Cultures in Warsaw. Or, it could be Irina Cesrcescu, ditectot of the Bulgarian Staye Museum, also veru highly respected and very authoritative, and ssdly, I believe also deceased.
        I'm always open to being wrong though!
        'dok

        ------------------------------
        On Wed, Jul 25, 2012 7:42 AM EDT Melanie Peters-Turner wrote:

        >Hi all,
        >
        >Forgive me for de-lurking with a question but I have been asked for info
        >from a friend about 16th century Hungarian ladies costume. In particular
        >she's asking about this:
        >http://www.kostym.cz/Anglicky/8_Krejcovstvi/15_Lenka/VIII_15_14A.htm,
        >but since she costumes professionally I suspect she really wants sources
        >in general... Since I research neither that late, nor that far West, I'm
        >useless, so I'd appreciate any suggestions you have.
        >
        >Humbly
        >Emy

      • Zsigmond Szekely
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 25, 2012
          Wow I would love to see that as I have a Hungarian persona and a Hun
          persona two different.

          Zsiggy

        • Ann Hill
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 25, 2012
            To get the link to work I deleted the comma at the end.
            Cheers,

            Ann

            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 30, 2012
              Thank you Ann for letting us know about removing the comma. What a fantastic site!

              Irene