16th century Hungarian ladies costume

  • Melanie Peters-Turner
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 25, 2012
      Hi all,

      Forgive me for de-lurking with a question but I have been asked for info
      from a friend about 16th century Hungarian ladies costume. In particular
      she's asking about this:
      http://www.kostym.cz/Anglicky/8_Krejcovstvi/15_Lenka/VIII_15_14A.htm,
      but since she costumes professionally I suspect she really wants sources
      in general... Since I research neither that late, nor that far West, I'm
      useless, so I'd appreciate any suggestions you have.

      Humbly
      Emy
    • Zsigmond Szekely
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 25, 2012
        Link did not work for me

        Zsigmond

        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 25, 2012
          Its not feeding but I bet its out of Irina Turnau's Costumes of Eastern Europe 15-18 Centuries. If so, she is an extremely reliable source, as she was a highly respected historian and director of the Un. Of Polands dept of Material Cultures in Warsaw. Or, it could be Irina Cesrcescu, ditectot of the Bulgarian Staye Museum, also veru highly respected and very authoritative, and ssdly, I believe also deceased.
          I'm always open to being wrong though!
          'dok

          ------------------------------
          On Wed, Jul 25, 2012 7:42 AM EDT Melanie Peters-Turner wrote:

          >Hi all,
          >
          >Forgive me for de-lurking with a question but I have been asked for info
          >from a friend about 16th century Hungarian ladies costume. In particular
          >she's asking about this:
          >http://www.kostym.cz/Anglicky/8_Krejcovstvi/15_Lenka/VIII_15_14A.htm,
          >but since she costumes professionally I suspect she really wants sources
          >in general... Since I research neither that late, nor that far West, I'm
          >useless, so I'd appreciate any suggestions you have.
          >
          >Humbly
          >Emy

        • Zsigmond Szekely
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 25, 2012
            Wow I would love to see that as I have a Hungarian persona and a Hun
            persona two different.

            Zsiggy

          • Ann Hill
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 25, 2012
              To get the link to work I deleted the comma at the end.
              Cheers,

              Ann

              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 30, 2012
                Thank you Ann for letting us know about removing the comma. What a fantastic site!

                Irene