Re: [sig] Introduction and question

    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 11, 2012
      I know of  no source for replica coins, but I did find an inexpensive army insignia that's awfully close to Ivan IV's crest:
      http://www.stpetersburger.com/index.php/russian-army-insignias-double-headed-eagle.html

      You could look for anything w/ the double-headed eagle, or make up something of your own & learn to cast or stamp.  :-)   You could use bulk charms from a wholesaler (http://www.closeoutjewelryfindings.com/index.htm) or beads, or anything.  I'm currently using a metal stamping of a bird of paradise/firebird, but in the past I've given out various things, from fancy pocket mirrors (http://shop.nationalgeographic.com/ngs/product/home/home-accents/set-of-eight-rajasthani-sparkling-pocket-mirrors) to bottle openers! (the latter was at Pennsic.  Because hey, you always need a bottle-opener at Pennsic)  :-)

      -Sfandra

      ******************
      Boiarynia Sfandra Dmitrieva Chernigova
      http://sfandra.webs.com
      Never 'pearl' your butt.

      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 11, 2012
        I have a mold for casting pewter coins from when my husband and I were the
        local seated Baron and Baroness...it has our names on one side with Rurik's
        trident and the other side was the baronial arms but we can make a separate
        back for it now if we wanted.

        Pewter coins are very easy to make.

        Ianuk