Re: Introduction and question

  • Tatiana
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 11, 2012
      Greetings Kira and welcome to the group!

      Sadly, I am not sure where would you get the coins. I went to visit family last year and never even thought that they can be of interest to anybody, otherwise I would have brought a handful (:

      Tatiana Moskovskaia
      Kingdon of Northshield

      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 11, 2012
        I know of  no source for replica coins, but I did find an inexpensive army insignia that's awfully close to Ivan IV's crest:
        http://www.stpetersburger.com/index.php/russian-army-insignias-double-headed-eagle.html

        You could look for anything w/ the double-headed eagle, or make up something of your own & learn to cast or stamp.  :-)   You could use bulk charms from a wholesaler (http://www.closeoutjewelryfindings.com/index.htm) or beads, or anything.  I'm currently using a metal stamping of a bird of paradise/firebird, but in the past I've given out various things, from fancy pocket mirrors (http://shop.nationalgeographic.com/ngs/product/home/home-accents/set-of-eight-rajasthani-sparkling-pocket-mirrors) to bottle openers! (the latter was at Pennsic.  Because hey, you always need a bottle-opener at Pennsic)  :-)

        -Sfandra

        ******************
        Boiarynia Sfandra Dmitrieva Chernigova
        http://sfandra.webs.com
        Never 'pearl' your butt.

        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 11, 2012
          I have a mold for casting pewter coins from when my husband and I were the
          local seated Baron and Baroness...it has our names on one side with Rurik's
          trident and the other side was the baronial arms but we can make a separate
          back for it now if we wanted.

          Pewter coins are very easy to make.

          Ianuk