brewery name help?

    Message 1 of 3 , May 9, 2012
      I know I'm pushing it but what would Hammered Goat Brewery and Forge be in Russian? That would be either literally too much vodka oe too much 2# crosspeen hammer to the noggin "hammered". I prefer the more user friendly too much vodka...... Its not SCA related, except as archaic interests! Thanks!

      'dok

      ------------------------------
      On Mon, May 7, 2012 12:54 PM EDT Ladie Lada wrote:

      >Based on modern grammar I would say дом на озере.
      >It means on the bank/ берег and it's inferring the bank / берег by using preposition на.
      >
      >Using "у" vs. "на" is the difference between saying "next to" vs. "at. Or on".
      >
      >It is a really nice household name.
      >
      >Lada
      >

      >Sent from my iPhone
      >
      >On May 7, 2012, at 11:59 AM, Nenad Bađunov <nenad.pelagrin@...> wrote:
      >
      >> Dom u ozera means the house at the lake (directly) meaning the house
      >> beside the like or at the lake bank. It is nice name for the household.
      >>
      >> On 5/7/2012 17:46, Ladie Lada wrote:
      >> > I would not use Dom ozera because it literally means house in which the lake lives. I don't think that's what you are trying to convey :)
      >> >
      >> > Lada
      >> >
      >> > Sent from my iPhone
      >> >
      >> > On May 7, 2012, at 11:22 AM, "aldo"<turanomar@...> wrote:
      >> >
      >> > It means
      >> >
      >> > HOUSE ALONG THE LAKE BANKS.
      >> >
      >> > Aldo

    • Ladie Lada
      Message 2 of 3 , May 9, 2012
        Well... The most basic translation I would do is пивоварня и кузница пьяного козла aka pivovarnya I kuznitza p'yanogo kozla
        The bewery and forge of the drunken goat ( male goat)
        However пивоварня refers to brewing beer. A 2 root word "пиво" means beer and "вар" means cook, since we cook the beer.
        I'll have to look up what you would call a place of making mead or vodka.
        Further more there are certain idiomatic expressions which are modern and mean different levels of drunkenness.
        Пьяный в стельку or пьяный в доску.
        Стелька is a shoes insert. Доска is a wooden board. I'll have to check which one is the drinker state of the two.

        So to make the translation more precise what are you brewing? And is the goat male or female?

        :)

        Lada

        Sent from my iPhone

        Message 3 of 3 , May 9, 2012
          LOL! That's's great! Brewing beer and its a billygoat, on its back, in profie,feet in the air, an X over the eye! I'm going to register it as a guild devoted to beer brewing and blacksmithing, which go togethor quite well! Thanks!
          'dok