Re: [sig] PENNSIC! Class Planning!

  • Patty
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 28, 2012
      I think that both a SIG gathering and a Slavic class track are a fine idea.

      Personally, I am not making a decision on my Pennsic attendance until just before the deadline, because right now I don't know whether I will have either the time or the money to go. (I missed last year's Pennsic because my car broke down on the way there.)

      So I hate to promise that I will organize or teach anything, but if I do actually get to Pennsic, I will help out as much as I can.

      Cheers,
      Lady Patricia

      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 28, 2012
        I can probably host the gathering in our encampment, but I have to find out whom will be Lord this war.... that'll be decided mid-May.   Once that person is set, then we can do encampment plans... and this year, I have 'clout' so that'll make it easy to have some time.   VDK is easy to find -- we're the massive group on B05 on Bannockburn.  The bus stops in front of us.

        --Sfandra

        ******************
        Boiarynia Sfandra Dmitrieva Chernigova
        http://sfandra.webs.com
        Never 'pearl' your butt.
        ******************

        ________________________________
        Is anyone hosting a SIG gathering?  Would anyone like to do so?

        Paul
        On Apr 28, 2012 2:00 AM, "Sfandra" <seonaid13@...> wrote:

        > **
        >

        > HI!
        >
        > Those on Facebook already know: I got PENNSIC!  WOOT!  Wasn't sure it was
        > going to happen this year.  But the vacation time is approved, and barring
        > any problem finding somewhere to board Velvet Dolgonosova, we will be at
        > War.
        >
        > So, since it's been 2 years, somethings have changed for me class-wise.  I
        > retired the Gerdany class as non-period, though if someone wants to make an
        > appt with me at work to go over techniques & ideas, I can do that.
        >
        > I've had a request for a clothing class that includes childrens clothing,
        > and I've had a request for a Kokoshnik class.
        >
        > Any other ideas?  I've gotta get them together by Monday!
        >
        > Also, what are OTHER people planning on teaching?!?  Lets try to make
        > something of a Slavic Track so we don't overlap too horribly.
        >
        > Cheers,
        > Sfandra

      • Laura Munn
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 29, 2012
          I am probably going to be teaching again. I was asked, at the very least,
          to do my round table on women in medieval times again, and the Russian
          women in medieval times was well attended. I was also considering doing a
          class on the stories found in the Chronicles and a round table discussion
          on the Pskov viking-age Russian dress find. I know many have attempted to
          recreate the extent find and it would be nice to hear other people's
          thoughts and see their recreations.

          -Katrusha

          On Sat, Apr 28, 2012 at 3:34 PM, Sfandra <seonaid13@...> wrote:

          > **
          >

          > I can probably host the gathering in our encampment, but I have to find
          > out whom will be Lord this war.... that'll be decided mid-May. Once that
          > person is set, then we can do encampment plans... and this year, I have
          > 'clout' so that'll make it easy to have some time. VDK is easy to find --
          > we're the massive group on B05 on Bannockburn. The bus stops in front of
          > us.
          >
          > --Sfandra
          >

          > ******************
          > Boiarynia Sfandra Dmitrieva Chernigova
          > O.L., O.M., K.O.E., Haus VDK, East Kingdom
          > http://sfandra.webs.com
          > Never 'pearl' your butt.
          > ******************
          >

          > ________________________________

          My SCA work: http://katrusha.blogspot.com/

          My artwork: http://arathreel.deviantart.com/

          My baked goods:
          http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=251805&id=510143252&l=8fcf80877f

          Laura Munn AKA Katrusha the Skomorokh
          Artist
          Writer
          Baker

          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 5, 2012
            I'm sorry to say, an Attack of Real Life (tm) is going to keep me from going to Pennsic this year.  So I will not be teaching, and I cannot host the SIG meeting.   I'm sad, but I'm certain I'll manage it next year.

            Hugs,
            Sfandra Dmitrieva

            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 5, 2012
              Oh no! Real life is definitely important and all... You will be missed. :(

              Lada

              Sent from my iPhone