Re: [sig] PENNSIC! Class Planning!

  • goldschp tds.net
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 28, 2012
      Is anyone hosting a SIG gathering? Would anyone like to do so?

      Paul
      On Apr 28, 2012 2:00 AM, "Sfandra" <seonaid13@...> wrote:

      > **
      >

      > HI!
      >
      > Those on Facebook already know: I got PENNSIC! WOOT! Wasn't sure it was
      > going to happen this year. But the vacation time is approved, and barring
      > any problem finding somewhere to board Velvet Dolgonosova, we will be at
      > War.
      >
      > So, since it's been 2 years, somethings have changed for me class-wise. I
      > retired the Gerdany class as non-period, though if someone wants to make an
      > appt with me at work to go over techniques & ideas, I can do that.
      >
      > I've had a request for a clothing class that includes childrens clothing,
      > and I've had a request for a Kokoshnik class.
      >
      > Any other ideas? I've gotta get them together by Monday!
      >
      > Also, what are OTHER people planning on teaching?!? Lets try to make
      > something of a Slavic Track so we don't overlap too horribly.
      >
      > Cheers,
      > Sfandra

    • Patty
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 28, 2012
        I think that both a SIG gathering and a Slavic class track are a fine idea.

        Personally, I am not making a decision on my Pennsic attendance until just before the deadline, because right now I don't know whether I will have either the time or the money to go. (I missed last year's Pennsic because my car broke down on the way there.)

        So I hate to promise that I will organize or teach anything, but if I do actually get to Pennsic, I will help out as much as I can.

        Cheers,
        Lady Patricia

        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 28, 2012
          I can probably host the gathering in our encampment, but I have to find out whom will be Lord this war.... that'll be decided mid-May.   Once that person is set, then we can do encampment plans... and this year, I have 'clout' so that'll make it easy to have some time.   VDK is easy to find -- we're the massive group on B05 on Bannockburn.  The bus stops in front of us.

          --Sfandra

          ******************
          Boiarynia Sfandra Dmitrieva Chernigova
          http://sfandra.webs.com
          Never 'pearl' your butt.
          ******************

          ________________________________
          Is anyone hosting a SIG gathering?  Would anyone like to do so?

          Paul
          On Apr 28, 2012 2:00 AM, "Sfandra" <seonaid13@...> wrote:

          > **
          >

          > HI!
          >
          > Those on Facebook already know: I got PENNSIC!  WOOT!  Wasn't sure it was
          > going to happen this year.  But the vacation time is approved, and barring
          > any problem finding somewhere to board Velvet Dolgonosova, we will be at
          > War.
          >
          > So, since it's been 2 years, somethings have changed for me class-wise.  I
          > retired the Gerdany class as non-period, though if someone wants to make an
          > appt with me at work to go over techniques & ideas, I can do that.
          >
          > I've had a request for a clothing class that includes childrens clothing,
          > and I've had a request for a Kokoshnik class.
          >
          > Any other ideas?  I've gotta get them together by Monday!
          >
          > Also, what are OTHER people planning on teaching?!?  Lets try to make
          > something of a Slavic Track so we don't overlap too horribly.
          >
          > Cheers,
          > Sfandra

        • Laura Munn
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 29, 2012
            I am probably going to be teaching again. I was asked, at the very least,
            to do my round table on women in medieval times again, and the Russian
            women in medieval times was well attended. I was also considering doing a
            class on the stories found in the Chronicles and a round table discussion
            on the Pskov viking-age Russian dress find. I know many have attempted to
            recreate the extent find and it would be nice to hear other people's
            thoughts and see their recreations.

            -Katrusha

            On Sat, Apr 28, 2012 at 3:34 PM, Sfandra <seonaid13@...> wrote:

            > **
            >

            > I can probably host the gathering in our encampment, but I have to find
            > out whom will be Lord this war.... that'll be decided mid-May. Once that
            > person is set, then we can do encampment plans... and this year, I have
            > 'clout' so that'll make it easy to have some time. VDK is easy to find --
            > we're the massive group on B05 on Bannockburn. The bus stops in front of
            > us.
            >
            > --Sfandra
            >

            > ******************
            > Boiarynia Sfandra Dmitrieva Chernigova
            > O.L., O.M., K.O.E., Haus VDK, East Kingdom
            > http://sfandra.webs.com
            > Never 'pearl' your butt.
            > ******************
            >

            > ________________________________

            My SCA work: http://katrusha.blogspot.com/

            My artwork: http://arathreel.deviantart.com/

            My baked goods:
            http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=251805&id=510143252&l=8fcf80877f

            Laura Munn AKA Katrusha the Skomorokh
            Artist
            Writer
            Baker

            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 5, 2012
              I'm sorry to say, an Attack of Real Life (tm) is going to keep me from going to Pennsic this year.  So I will not be teaching, and I cannot host the SIG meeting.   I'm sad, but I'm certain I'll manage it next year.

              Hugs,
              Sfandra Dmitrieva

              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 5, 2012
                Oh no! Real life is definitely important and all... You will be missed. :(

                Lada

                Sent from my iPhone