PENNSIC! Class Planning!

    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 27, 2012
      HI!

      Those on Facebook already know: I got PENNSIC!  WOOT!   Wasn't sure it was going to happen this year.  But the vacation time is approved, and barring any problem finding somewhere to board Velvet Dolgonosova, we will be at War.

      So, since it's been 2 years, somethings have changed for me class-wise.  I retired the Gerdany class as non-period, though if someone wants to make an appt with me at work to go over techniques & ideas, I can do that.

      I've had a request for a clothing class that includes childrens clothing, and I've had a request for a Kokoshnik class.

      Any other ideas?  I've gotta get them together by Monday!

      Also, what are OTHER people planning on teaching?!?   Lets try to make something of a Slavic Track so we don't overlap too horribly.

      Cheers,
      Sfandra

      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 28, 2012
        Is anyone hosting a SIG gathering? Would anyone like to do so?

        Paul
        On Apr 28, 2012 2:00 AM, "Sfandra" <seonaid13@...> wrote:

        > **
        >

        > HI!
        >
        > Those on Facebook already know: I got PENNSIC! WOOT! Wasn't sure it was
        > going to happen this year. But the vacation time is approved, and barring
        > any problem finding somewhere to board Velvet Dolgonosova, we will be at
        > War.
        >
        > So, since it's been 2 years, somethings have changed for me class-wise. I
        > retired the Gerdany class as non-period, though if someone wants to make an
        > appt with me at work to go over techniques & ideas, I can do that.
        >
        > I've had a request for a clothing class that includes childrens clothing,
        > and I've had a request for a Kokoshnik class.
        >
        > Any other ideas? I've gotta get them together by Monday!
        >
        > Also, what are OTHER people planning on teaching?!? Lets try to make
        > something of a Slavic Track so we don't overlap too horribly.
        >
        > Cheers,
        > Sfandra

      • Patty
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 28, 2012
          I think that both a SIG gathering and a Slavic class track are a fine idea.

          Personally, I am not making a decision on my Pennsic attendance until just before the deadline, because right now I don't know whether I will have either the time or the money to go. (I missed last year's Pennsic because my car broke down on the way there.)

          So I hate to promise that I will organize or teach anything, but if I do actually get to Pennsic, I will help out as much as I can.

          Cheers,
          Lady Patricia

          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 28, 2012
            I can probably host the gathering in our encampment, but I have to find out whom will be Lord this war.... that'll be decided mid-May.   Once that person is set, then we can do encampment plans... and this year, I have 'clout' so that'll make it easy to have some time.   VDK is easy to find -- we're the massive group on B05 on Bannockburn.  The bus stops in front of us.

            --Sfandra

            ******************
            Boiarynia Sfandra Dmitrieva Chernigova
            http://sfandra.webs.com
            Never 'pearl' your butt.
            ******************

            ________________________________
            Is anyone hosting a SIG gathering?  Would anyone like to do so?

            Paul
            On Apr 28, 2012 2:00 AM, "Sfandra" <seonaid13@...> wrote:

            > **
            >

            > HI!
            >
            > Those on Facebook already know: I got PENNSIC!  WOOT!  Wasn't sure it was
            > going to happen this year.  But the vacation time is approved, and barring
            > any problem finding somewhere to board Velvet Dolgonosova, we will be at
            > War.
            >
            > So, since it's been 2 years, somethings have changed for me class-wise.  I
            > retired the Gerdany class as non-period, though if someone wants to make an
            > appt with me at work to go over techniques & ideas, I can do that.
            >
            > I've had a request for a clothing class that includes childrens clothing,
            > and I've had a request for a Kokoshnik class.
            >
            > Any other ideas?  I've gotta get them together by Monday!
            >
            > Also, what are OTHER people planning on teaching?!?  Lets try to make
            > something of a Slavic Track so we don't overlap too horribly.
            >
            > Cheers,
            > Sfandra

          • Laura Munn
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 29, 2012
              I am probably going to be teaching again. I was asked, at the very least,
              to do my round table on women in medieval times again, and the Russian
              women in medieval times was well attended. I was also considering doing a
              class on the stories found in the Chronicles and a round table discussion
              on the Pskov viking-age Russian dress find. I know many have attempted to
              recreate the extent find and it would be nice to hear other people's
              thoughts and see their recreations.

              -Katrusha

              On Sat, Apr 28, 2012 at 3:34 PM, Sfandra <seonaid13@...> wrote:

              > **
              >

              > I can probably host the gathering in our encampment, but I have to find
              > out whom will be Lord this war.... that'll be decided mid-May. Once that
              > person is set, then we can do encampment plans... and this year, I have
              > 'clout' so that'll make it easy to have some time. VDK is easy to find --
              > we're the massive group on B05 on Bannockburn. The bus stops in front of
              > us.
              >
              > --Sfandra
              >

              > ******************
              > Boiarynia Sfandra Dmitrieva Chernigova
              > O.L., O.M., K.O.E., Haus VDK, East Kingdom
              > http://sfandra.webs.com
              > Never 'pearl' your butt.
              > ******************
              >

              > ________________________________

              My SCA work: http://katrusha.blogspot.com/

              My artwork: http://arathreel.deviantart.com/

              My baked goods:
              http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=251805&id=510143252&l=8fcf80877f

              Laura Munn AKA Katrusha the Skomorokh
              Artist
              Writer
              Baker

              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 5, 2012
                I'm sorry to say, an Attack of Real Life (tm) is going to keep me from going to Pennsic this year.  So I will not be teaching, and I cannot host the SIG meeting.   I'm sad, but I'm certain I'll manage it next year.

                Hugs,
                Sfandra Dmitrieva

                Message 7 of 7 , Jun 5, 2012
                  Oh no! Real life is definitely important and all... You will be missed. :(

                  Lada

                  Sent from my iPhone