Re: [sig] Looking for info on this book

  • Jennifer Nelson Kemp
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 26 12:31 PM
      If its the book I'm thinking of its sometimes called the "ostromir
      lectionary" and I did a page from it for an A&S project once. A picture
      from the book appears in Dover's Russian Illuminated Manuscripts and
      another appears in the Metropolitan Museum of Art's "Glory of Byzantium".

      That is cool. Looks like its a photofacsimile. Sweet and not a bad price.

      Ianuk

      On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 10:27 AM, Ladie Lada <ladie_lada@...> wrote:

      > **
      >

      > Greetings,
      >
      > Has anyone read this book or knows about it's contents?
      >
      > http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Ostromir-Gospels/Cornelia-Cecilia-Eglantine/e/9786137983805/?itm=1&USRI=ostomir+gospel
      > I'm looking for something on illumination of the ostomir gospel so I'm
      > wondering if this is a good source.
      >
      > Thank you all
      >
      > Lada
      >
      > Sent from my iPhone

    • Jessica Carlock
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 26 1:53 PM
        Ooh shiny. If is a facsimile I need to grab it too.

      • wheezul@canby.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 26 2:46 PM
          There is a fascimile:

          http://portlandstate.worldcat.org/oclc/21372577

          The book is 100 pages, but the manuscript has 294 sheets (588 pages). I
          suspect that the book linked below, as described may not be a facsimile.
          The facsimile above has 588 plus a 14 page intro booklet. Just guessing.

          I might be able to see the facsimile pretty quickly from University of
          Oregon (I'm in that library system) if you wanted me to look for something
          specific.

          Katherine