Looking for info on this book

  • Ladie Lada
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 26, 2012
      Greetings,

      Has anyone read this book or knows about it's contents?
      http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Ostromir-Gospels/Cornelia-Cecilia-Eglantine/e/9786137983805/?itm=1&USRI=ostomir+gospel
      I'm looking for something on illumination of the ostomir gospel so I'm wondering if this is a good source.

      Thank you all

      Lada

      Sent from my iPhone
    • Jennifer Nelson Kemp
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 26, 2012
        If its the book I'm thinking of its sometimes called the "ostromir
        lectionary" and I did a page from it for an A&S project once. A picture
        from the book appears in Dover's Russian Illuminated Manuscripts and
        another appears in the Metropolitan Museum of Art's "Glory of Byzantium".

        That is cool. Looks like its a photofacsimile. Sweet and not a bad price.

        Ianuk

        On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 10:27 AM, Ladie Lada <ladie_lada@...> wrote:

        > **
        >

        > Greetings,
        >
        > Has anyone read this book or knows about it's contents?
        >
        > http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Ostromir-Gospels/Cornelia-Cecilia-Eglantine/e/9786137983805/?itm=1&USRI=ostomir+gospel
        > I'm looking for something on illumination of the ostomir gospel so I'm
        > wondering if this is a good source.
        >
        > Thank you all
        >
        > Lada
        >
        > Sent from my iPhone

      • Jessica Carlock
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 26, 2012
          Ooh shiny. If is a facsimile I need to grab it too.

        • wheezul@canby.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 26, 2012
            There is a fascimile:

            http://portlandstate.worldcat.org/oclc/21372577

            The book is 100 pages, but the manuscript has 294 sheets (588 pages). I
            suspect that the book linked below, as described may not be a facsimile.
            The facsimile above has 588 plus a 14 page intro booklet. Just guessing.

            I might be able to see the facsimile pretty quickly from University of
            Oregon (I'm in that library system) if you wanted me to look for something
            specific.

            Katherine