Re: [sig] Costume Rus’ de Kiev Fémini n – XIe siècle

  • Catherine Olanich Raymond
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 14 4:04 PM
      On 03/14/2012 05:46 PM, Quokkaqueen wrote:
      > I found this PDF, aimed at French re-enactors that might interest some people:
      > http://maryline.huet.free.fr/Costume_Rus.pdf
      >
      > She has included photographs of extant items (including embroidery I'd only ever seen in line drawings!) from the Archaeological Museum of Kiev.

      Thanks for posting this! There are some wonderful images here (I wish
      there was more explanation of some of them, even in French, which I can
      read a little).

      --
      Cathy Raymond
      cathy@...

      "Even imperfection itself may have its ideal or perfect state."
      --Thomas de Quincey
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 14 4:22 PM
        Ha!
        "Le site internet de Lisa Kies/Sofya la Rus est très riche."  (The internet site of Lisa Kies/Sofya la Rus is very lush [useful, full of information])

        Sofya, your site is the gold standard in any language....

        --Sfandra

        ******************
        Boiarynia Sfandra Dmitrieva Chernigova
        http://sfandra.webs.com
        Never 'pearl' your butt.

        I found this PDF, aimed at French re-enactors that might interest some people:
        http://maryline.huet.free.fr/Costume_Rus.pdf

        She has included photographs of extant items (including embroidery I'd only ever seen in line drawings!) from the Archaeological Museum of Kiev.

        ~Asfridhr

        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 14 4:23 PM
          I'll sit down and do a full translation, if anyone's interested.

          --Sfandra