Free download: "Intelligible Beauty: Recent Research on Byzantine Jewellery"

  • Quokkaqueen
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 29, 2012
      "Intelligible Beauty: Recent Research on Byzantine Jewellery"
      Edited by Chris Entwistle and Noël Adams
      British Museum Research Publication 178
      ISBN 978-086159-168-8

      http://www.britishmuseum.org/research/research_publications/research_publications_online/byzantine_jewellery.aspx

      Is available in a series of free downloads in PDF formats.
      In particular, I would recommend for the temple-ring wearing ladies of our group:

      Elegance over the Borders: The Evidence of Middle Byzantine Earrings by Jenny Albani

      `Temple Pendants' in Medieval Rus': How were they Worn? by Natalija Ristovska

      and

      Jewellery from Princely Kiev and Byzantine Influence by Ljudmila Pekarska

      Very cool stuff!

      Asfridhr
    • Catherine Olanich Raymond
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 29, 2012
        On 02/29/2012 07:17 PM, Quokkaqueen wrote:
        > "Intelligible Beauty: Recent Research on Byzantine Jewellery"
        > Edited by Chris Entwistle and Noël Adams
        > British Museum Research Publication 178
        > ISBN 978-086159-168-8
        >
        > http://www.britishmuseum.org/research/research_publications/research_publications_online/byzantine_jewellery.aspx

        I wish I knew they were going to make the book freely available before I
        bought it. :-) Fortunately, I was able to get it on sale fairly
        cheaply from David Brown Book Company.

        Thanks for the link!

        --
        Cathy Raymond
        cathy@...

        "Even imperfection itself may have its ideal or perfect state."
        --Thomas de Quincey