Re: [sig] Russian Music

  • Alexey Kiyaikin aka Posadnik
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 29, 2012
      just in case it helps.
      The oldest source of Bylivas and historic ballads tunes is, most likely, Kirsha Danilov's Songs (Песни Кирши Данилова): published in the 1720s, they represented the repertoir of some Cyrill Danilov, who was a worker at a factory in Perm, and a descendant of the Skomorokhs, eagerly performing at weddings or in the mansion of his factory owner (who actually ordered to publish his favourite songs to get sure they wouldn't perish). Each song was preceded by the violin music text (Danilov played the violin and some sort of a flute).

      Bye,
      Alex.

      29 февраля 2012, 17:06 от Laura Munn <arathreel@...>:

      I am looking for some medieval Russian court style music, not
      technically church going music.I admit, I haven't been looking very
      hard yet, but I figre any help I can get to make the search easier
      would be greatly appreciated. Mostly I can find a lot of gregorian
      chant or cold war era music.

      Thank you so much!

      -Kat

      --