Polish scrolls

  • Ladie Lada
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 16, 2012
      Greetings,

      I'm looking for some references for a Polish Scroll. I'm not sure of time period yet so a broad spectrum would be good.

      Thank you all,

      Lada

      Sent from my iPhone
    • Quokkaqueen
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 16, 2012
        <<snip>>
        I'm looking for some references for a Polish Scroll. I'm not sure of time period yet so a broad spectrum would be good.
        <<snip>>

        Text documents, in Polish script.

        "Unique manuscripts from Skokloster Collection and other collections"
        http://www.eurofresh.se/manuskrypty/index_eng.html

        Largely court land books in Polish
        http://www.wdl.org/en/search/gallery/?regions=europe&languages=pol
        and in Polish and Ruthenian
        http://www.wdl.org/en/search/gallery/?regions=europe&languages=bel

        "Historical Documents of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania" includes charters, privliges and deeds issued by Polish kings and Lithuanian grand dukes.
        http://pergamentai.mch.mii.lt/IstoriniaiLietDok/indexen.en.htm
        (Not all of the photos can be enlarged, sadly, but it might give some ideas?)

        Manuscripts in the National Digital Library/Cyfrowa Biblioteka Narodowa Polona (note: if you want to download the images, they're in Djvu format.)
        http://www.polona.pl/dlibra/collectiondescription2?dirids=16

        For pictures:
        "Illuminated manuscript painting in Poland"
        http://www.academia.pan.pl/pdfen/microresearch_miodonska.pdf

        "Illuminated Manuscripts Created in Poland"
        http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Illuminated_manuscripts_created_in_Poland

        Hope that helps a little,

        Asfridhr
      • Quokkaqueen
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 17, 2012
          Even more proof I need to get off the computer...

          Jagiellonian Digital Library, Manuscripts
          http://jbc.bj.uj.edu.pl/dlibra/collectiondescription?dirids=7

          (Includes what looks like a handwritten copy of De Revolutionibus *drools*
          http://jbc.bj.uj.edu.pl/dlibra/docmetadata?id=858)

          And I know I harp on about the Lithuanian manuscript website, but I forgot to mention - it's a bit random, but quite often if you right click on the image and remove the final 'p' from the filename, there are larger images.
          One of the really gorgeous ones is this:
          http://pergamentai.mch.mii.lt/IstoriniaiLietDok/F101-70/images/F101-70a.jpg
          LNMMB F101-70, dated to 1649.
          http://pergamentai.mch.mii.lt/IstoriniaiLietDok/istoriniailietdok_9en.en.htm

          Cheers,

          Asfridhr
        • Pan Zygmunt Nadratowski
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 17, 2012
            Wow, those are cool!

            --
            Zygmunt Nadratowski
            "The truth is, everyone is going to hurt you. You just got to find the ones

          • Ladie Lada
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 17, 2012
              Asfridhr,

              Thank you so much for this immense plethora of knowledge and references :)

              I will post the results when it's done :)

              Lada

              Sent from my iPhone