Re: [sig] What book is this from?

  • Amy C Wetzel
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 10, 2012
      But if you're looking for Kievan Rus clothing, it's perfect!

      Skaia
      --
      it is because you have learned to do evil
      that you cannot now unlearn to do well

      On 10 January 2012 07:13, Sfandra <seonaid13@...> wrote:

      > Lucky!  I had to buy it.  Not that I'm really complaining, but it worked out to be a $100+ for me.
      >
      > And my husband reminds me that those images weren't scanned - I had to use my camera.  The book is BIG, it didn't fit on the scanner....
      >
      > Volume 1 is pre-history to the Kievan era.  Vol 2 is Appanage (mongol rule) to Modern era.  However, remember this book is of UKRAINIAN clothing -- post-Appanage, the area we now know as the Ukraine became part of the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth (The Largest Medieval Country You've Never Heard Of), and so Volume 2 will not have spiffy Muscovite clothing in it.   Renaissance fashions were much more common in 15th C Ukraine than they were in 15th C Moscow.  If you're interested in later Ukrainian clothing, Lady Patricia has some awesome books on Lithuania that might help.
      >

      > --Sfandra
      >
      > ******************
      > Boiarynia Sfandra Dmitrieva Chernigova
      > O.L., O.M., K.O.E., Haus VDK, East Kingdom
      > http://sfandra.webs.com
    • Anya Stickney
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 10, 2012
        Excellent! Kievan Rus garb is exactly what I'm looking for.

        In case anyone is interested, I found a picasa site with photos from this
        book.
        https://picasaweb.google.com/100706551175991263168/UkrainianChronicleOfClothing?gsessionid=pFtbXnnuKTN-bykPjMd6cA#

        -Anya